Mom of 2 looking for accountability partners!

anna_losingit
anna_losingit Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I am a mom of 2 boys, my youngest is just 3 months old!

Anyways, I would LOVE to get this baby weight moving plus some and I need some accountability partners! I also exclusively breastfeed so that helps but after the first couple months it hasn’t helped all that much 😂 of course that could be my fault since I have a hard time controlling my cravings sometimes especially with sweets! 😫

I would love to meet some other moms that would like to help each other to success!

I’d love to be friends on MFP, but I would even love it more if we could have a small group on Snapchat or something so we can stay in touch a little more personally and can message each other easier and send pics of our food or post workouts or whatever! If you’re interested let me know and I can set up a private group 💕

I am currently at my highest (non-pregnant) adult weight of 244 (this last pregnancy I got up to 255 but then lost 20lbs and then gained 10 back 🥴) and I know my biggest hurdle is with food. So I am not going to box myself into a specific diet type because I’ve done that plenty of times before and all it did was destroy my mental health regarding food even worse than it was before.

I just really want to focus on eating the stuff I know I should eat and the stuff I shouldn’t I need to just keep in mind moderation and be mindful of portion sizes. I’ll be the first to admit I HATE tracking and I may not be super consistent with logging my food and I’m fine with that. I need to fix my mental health first and I know what my triggers are so I am just going to work on that. So I’m going to start with just showing up everyday and trying my best to get to a healthy place for myself and my children 💙💚

I can’t wait to start this journey and have it actually STICK this time!

Thanks friends! 🥰

Replies

• TheChunkyJawa
    TheChunkyJawa Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome 😊. On my journey to lose over 200 pounds, atarted at my heaviest adult weight, as well. Feel free to add me!
  • blade2104
    blade2104 Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome. I'm too on the quest to get fit and loose weight. I'm 222 lbs and need to loose the flab. Good luck 👍 feel free to add me.
  • alig2009
    alig2009 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Im a mom of two girls aged 9 and 10. they are super active and I cant keep up it makes me so sad. I also went back to uni and am in my third year. My life is so busy that I am always eating on the fly and that usually means takeaways or freezer foods and obviously because I'm working so hard I deserve a treat every night :#:#. I am currently 220lbs with a goal of losing 70lbs and accountability would really help. I would love if you add me thanks :D
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello I’m a mom of 3 and would love to be apart of your group can use all the support!!
  • josijeremie
    josijeremie Posts: 4 Member
    I am new here. How how people become part of same group for support?
  • Hi everyone!

Anyways, I would LOVE to get this baby weight moving plus some and I need some accountability partners! I also exclusively breastfeed so that helps but after the first couple months it hasn’t helped all that much 😂 of course that could be my fault since I have a hard time controlling my cravings sometimes especially with sweets! 😫

I would love to meet some other moms that would like to help each other to success!

I’d love to be friends on MFP, but I would even love it more if we could have a small group on Snapchat or something so we can stay in touch a little more personally and can message each other easier and send pics of our food or post workouts or whatever! If you’re interested let me know and I can set up a private group 💕

I am currently at my highest (non-pregnant) adult weight of 244 (this last pregnancy I got up to 255 but then lost 20lbs and then gained 10 back 🥴) and I know my biggest hurdle is with food. So I am not going to box myself into a specific diet type because I’ve done that plenty of times before and all it did was destroy my mental health regarding food even worse than it was before.

I just really want to focus on eating the stuff I know I should eat and the stuff I shouldn’t I need to just keep in mind moderation and be mindful of portion sizes. I’ll be the first to admit I HATE tracking and I may not be super consistent with logging my food and I’m fine with that. I need to fix my mental health first and I know what my triggers are so I am just going to work on that. So I’m going to start with just showing up everyday and trying my best to get to a healthy place for myself and my children 💙💚

Thanks friends! 🥰

I think a small group like that would be a great idea. If you have already started one id love to join.
  • coffeesunrise
    coffeesunrise Posts: 12 Member
    Mum of four, started trying to move the weight a year ago and then life happened so looking at seriously getting motivated. Anyone us welcome to add me as a friend.
  • evahudnell
    evahudnell Posts: 13 Member
    Hello I am also a mom of 2 boys, 2 and 4 years old. I have about 55lb to lose and would love to be part of your group !
  • ThinWithGreatSkin
    ThinWithGreatSkin Posts: 10 Member
    I’m also a parent of two and have 100 to lose let’s do this!!
  • Thebronsen15
    Thebronsen15 Posts: 3 Member
    How did you go adding breastfeeding to the app - did you at all? My fiancé is exclusively breastfeeding our son and wants to start using MFP and wasn’t sure how accurate it would be for her atm
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    Sounds great. I'm mom to a 9 year old girl. Feel free to add me.
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Any idea when the small group on Snapchat/zoom etc will begin!?
  • jottman0728
    jottman0728 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm Jodi. Mom of a 3 year old and step mom to a almost 14 year old. Working towards losing 120 lbs to start. Feel free to add me!
  • PaintedPlay
    PaintedPlay Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2020
    How did you go adding breastfeeding to the app - did you at all? My fiancé is exclusively breastfeeding our son and wants to start using MFP and wasn’t sure how accurate it would be for her atm

Rule of thumb is that a baby exclusively breastfeeding burns about 500 cals. When it was me I only ever ate back 1/2 of those cals, but I had 60# to lose so there was no danger of me loosing my milk production.

• xlaura85x
    xlaura85x Posts: 18 Member
    Hi everyone!

Thanks friends! 🥰

• xlaura85x
    xlaura85x Posts: 18 Member
    I'm happy start on Mfp, I'm currently tracking every day and show my diary to give ideas. I lost a lot of weight and kept it off for years but very recently gained almost all.of it back after 4 years of keeping it off. 😔 but I'm ready to go again.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    xlaura85x wrote: »
    I'm happy start on Mfp, I'm currently tracking every day and show my diary to give ideas. I lost a lot of weight and kept it off for years but very recently gained almost all.of it back after 4 years of keeping it off. 😔 but I'm ready to go again.

Take it 1 day at a time, YOU can do this!!
  • Archercc
    Archercc Posts: 37 Member
    Stay at Home Dad of 2, always looking for friends on here.