Hi! Any vegan here?

Options
Hi, I am trying the MyFitnessPal the last two weeks, and I am really happy. I already lost some pounds and I hope keep myself on track. The only issue that I found is the recipes and nutrition blog have a lack of vegan food recipes/informaton/nutrition tips.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Just google it outside of the site and you’ll find thousands of sites dedicated to vegan eating.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Also, if you search the groups on MFP you should be able to find several focusing on veganism.
  • vbriz25
    vbriz25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just google it outside of the site and you’ll find thousands of sites dedicated to vegan eating.

Yes, I am sure about that. My question is if there is any way to personalize MyFitnessPal to filtering the recipes and blog just for vegan matters.

Thanks for your reply
  • vbriz25
    Options
    Also, if you search the groups on MFP you should be able to find several focusing on veganism.

Yes, I am going through now...

Thanks
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Low-protein here. Like vegan but more restrictive.
  • vbriz25
    Options
    Here

Hello there! Nice to meet you! Thanks for adding me as your friend and I hope we can keep in touch. Being the only vegan in your family and friends something is a lonely world, so, I would like to create my circle of vegan friends. Also, if you know some nice online community of vegan people I will appreciate it if you can share with me.

• vbriz25
    Options
    Low-protein here. Like vegan but more restrictive.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

How like that? I am fighting every day with my MFP dairy trying to get enough protein on my daily basis, and now you are telling me that you are a low-protein vegan.... Why? What is the philosophy of this diet? I am shocked. I never read before about that.
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options
    The low-protein diet is doctor-directed to address a medical condition. For all other intents a low-protein diet would be foolish.
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options
    I should add, of course, that a low-protein diet essentially means no animal products. I share that in common with vegans.
    But I admit there's probably more I could learn from vegans than vegans could learn from me.
  • vbriz25
    Options
    I should add, of course, that a low-protein diet essentially means no animal products. I share that in common with vegans.
    But I admit there's probably more I could learn from vegans than vegans could learn from me.

Ok... I see it now. So, that means that your diet is plant-based, right? That no means a low protein... Just lack of animal products 🤪. Indeed, a vegan diet needs to keep actively searching for protein food to meet your daily protein requirement.

If you are on a loss weight plan, you can reach your daily protein requirement just by choosing the proper food. If you are on a gaining weight plan or increasing your muscle mass you must take a plant-based protein powder.

Protein is really important, more than for muscle building or repairing, protein is also required for your cellular function, hormones, and metabolism regulator.

Many people quit the vegan plans because they do not ensure enough protein intake and get sick.

So, If you need any support or crosscheck any info with me, just send me a message. I will appreciate it because I will learn also.

Take care bro.

• BrettWithPKU
    Options
    I don’t want to highjack this topic, you’re looking for advice from vegans.

Where I benefit from talking with vegans is any base recipe they have that they add a protein source to it, generally I might like that recipe but just not add the protein.

I eat 10g protein per day.
    60g of modified “protein” comes from a doctor prescribed formula. Don’t envy me, that stuff is disgusting.