Keto friends

Options
Hi I’m doing keto for about a month now. It would be nice to have a few buddies to share recipes and progress with. So far I am enjoying it and do not crave for anything! And I’ve not even been tempted by the kids candy this year which I admit I usually eat! But not this year and to me it’s a big success in my eyes bc Halloween candy always takes me off the rails and it’s so hard to get back on track after bc then it’s thanksgiving! But this year is so different this time is so different. I’ve done it before but I feel like it’s easier this time and less effort. I don’t miss anything not even chocolate which to me as a hardcore chocolate fiend is like a miracle!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can friend me. I do keto and love to cook. I post a lot of photos in the lc group. So if there is something you see, you can PM me.
  • CharleyStoll
    CharleyStoll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If love to be friends and ssupport amd share recipes and ideas. I started keto yesterday. I felt full for the first time in mon the a. Did have 39 carbs but I usually have 140 plus. So I’m thrilled I cut back that much. Gong for 30 carbs or less today. I’ll keep going til I get only 20
  • path7975
    path7975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for 8 years and love this WOE. I make absolutely everything I eat but it has to be quick as I don’t want to spend my life in the kitchen (I also eat out) The best bit of advice I could give anyone doing keto is to ketofy the foods you love, that way it’s easier to stick too. There is nothing you can’t have if you ketofy it and plan it into your macros. Any recipes you want I’m sure I’ll have somewhere, good luck 🍀 and keto on.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If love to be friends and ssupport amd share recipes and ideas. I started keto yesterday. I felt full for the first time in mon the a. Did have 39 carbs but I usually have 140 plus. So I’m thrilled I cut back that much. Gong for 30 carbs or less today. I’ll keep going til I get only 20

That is very good I think you can add me if you like? Or we can do our thing on here if you like.
  • PatHolland3
    PatHolland3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure how to add friends but would love to connect with keto people. Im almost mid 70's but thought I was techie until trying to join the community it's taken me a while to find this page again even though I thought I had bookmarked it. 😞
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I'm unsure how to add friends but would love to connect with keto people. Im almost mid 70's but thought I was techie until trying to join the community it's taken me a while to find this page again even though I thought I had bookmarked it. 😞

Ok sent you a friend request had to figure it out! Lol
  • path7975
    Options
    Thank you, accepting was so easy. 🤗
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Hi guys and I hope thanksgiving went well! I did well and had a nice spread. What did you guys have? I had turkey, I made a keto sweet potato casserole, crust less pumpkin pie with crumbles up top, bacon wrapped asparagus, brussel sprouts with bacon and pancetta, mashed rutabaga it was all so amazing and I stayed within calories
  • psuLemon
    Options
    vc6ld3qtyuh7.jpg
  • path7975
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    vc6ld3qtyuh7.jpg

If you are in a country that celebrates Thanksgiving I hope you had a great day. 🎉🎊
    Wow that looks delicious I love pink beef. Is that a pumpkin pie?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    path7975 wrote: »
    vc6ld3qtyuh7.jpg

If you are in a country that celebrates Thanksgiving I hope you had a great day. 🎉🎊
    Wow that looks delicious I love pink beef. Is that a pumpkin pie?

I am in the US. I am not a fan of turkey, so i modified that tradition. Yes, that is a pumpkin pie with only 7 net carbs per slice (8 slices per pie in a 10" pan).
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Yummy
  • path7975
    Options
    The one thing I have never acquired a taste for is pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin as a veggie mashed with lots of butter & cumin spice.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    The one thing I have never acquired a taste for is pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin as a veggie mashed with lots of butter & cumin spice.

I love anything pumpkin lol
  • psuLemon
    Options

So do I. Here was today's meal. Pumpkin stuffed chaffle.

a9wsvhbfzfuv.jpg
  • angelexperiment
    Options

a9wsvhbfzfuv.jpg

You are terrible lol now I want some
  • psuLemon
    Options

a9wsvhbfzfuv.jpg

What's terrible is that its only 560 calories. I make a lot of chaffles (pumpkin, chocolate chip, sweet, chaffle grilled cheese, gingerbread). Its the only "bread" my son will eat.

If you ever want recipes let me know.

Gingerbread!

ldvuffy2exam.jpg

• angelexperiment
    Options

a9wsvhbfzfuv.jpg

What's terrible is that its only 560 calories. I make a lot of chaffles (pumpkin, chocolate chip, sweet, chaffle grilled cheese, gingerbread). Its the only "bread" my son will eat.

If you ever want recipes let me know.

Gingerbread!

ldvuffy2exam.jpg

Now I need a waffle iron !
  • Tpickens93
    Tpickens93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on how to keep my protein grams down and increase fat grams?
  • path7975
    Options
    Tpickens93 wrote: »
    Any ideas on how to keep my protein grams down and increase fat grams?
    I would start by increasing fats with salmon, avocados and nuts which may help with keeping you feeling full for longer and naturally reducing protein
    I have the opposite problem trying to get enough protein in but over the week it seems to even out. I hope this helps. 🙏