You can do it! I have!

Options
k7n2w3
k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
The dr said last night that i'm right in the middle of the normal BMI for my height (115 for 5 foot), whoohoo!!! he said in May I was "normal" but two points up from where I am, and to think in JANUARY i was considered "obese" (155.1) for BMI!!!! whoohooo! You all can do it! I ate better, didn't deprive myself and counted every calorie that I consumed. Cheesesteaks and pizza, french fries and ice cream, all are OK if consumed in moderation. For example, you can have a cheese steak for dinner with no fries IF you ate a healthy low cal breakfast, low cal healthy snacks and a nice healthy lunch. Good luck to you all, you really can do it. Yes it's hard but it is totally possible. Strive for a pound a week, no more and realize weight loss will plateu and catch up eventually. Don't get in a slump of being discouraged when one week is bad, just keep going. I never "cheated" because if i wanted that pizza I could fit it the NEXT day if that day it didn't fit the calorie budget. At the end it is the hardest but getting to the end just takes dedication and hard work with great payoffs. :-)
I hope that helps at least one person stay on their "plan" for today.

SW 155.1 on Jan 6, 2011
CW and GW 115, Sept 8, 2011

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting goal - I am less than a lb from mine in which I am stuck, but I will get there. You should post before/after pics so we can see the results.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Good for you!! Any tricks on getting those last 15 lbs off?? I've been stuck for over 9 months now. :sad:
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! This will do it for me today! I have lost 41 lbs, I want to lose 20 more... I've been playing with 3 - 4 lbs up and down for the last 60 days, but I want to get serious and get that last 20 off! I started on 1/1/2011 too! And yes, eating a strict calorie (but whatever I wanted within that count) has worked for me too! Thanks so much for posting! I started out at a higher weight (186) and I'm 5'4", so I was OBESE too! I'm now 4 lbs away from my "normal" range, and 20 from my goal... Thanks for sharing your story!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    such an inspiration!!! thank you :)
  • torionna
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! That is great!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    well done you have sure kept me on the straight and narrow for today thankyou soo much
  • k7n2w3
    Options
    Thanks, the last 3 of the 40 were really difficult for me but I finally have gotten them off!
    I have the before and after on my profile :-) the "after" isn't an official after and was taken 5 pounds ago but it's still 35 pounds of loss when taken. I am hoping to take a real after soon and the before was when I was about 150, so 10 pounds is missing in those pics (I never took a pic at my largest)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Cheesesteaks and pizza, french fries and ice cream, all are OK if consumed in moderation.

I think this is the thing people forget most often. Nope, not going to deprive myself, and once in a while I might even reward myself. :) Congrats on your success, and thanks for the motivation and realism!! :D
  • k7n2w3
    Options
    awe I just read your posts, i'm very glad I could inspire you guys to stay on track. There really isn't any "trick" just stay in your calorie intake budget and workout to get the metabolism going a little bit. I did insanity which is not something that everyone's body can handle (or mentally handle!!) If you find yourself doing all the right things and have written proof as in "i ate 1300 calories everyday for a month and exercised and am not losing" you might want to see a dr because it is possible you have a thyroid issue. That will prevent weight loss. I tried to blame the original weight gain on that and evidently it was the daily french fries and choco bars NOT medical (thank goodness of course). Sometimes if you don't eat enough calories your body will reduce it's metabolism and store fat which is another thing some people end up getting into. It is hard and as long as you stay on track with counting every calorie, even a lifesaver or gulp of orange juice, you will do great. It's definitely more mental than physical. A trick i did like to use is... if i felt really hungry I would eat something that was like 100-150 calories and even though I would want more I thought "this is enough calories for my body to sustain itself for an hour" with that thought led to "IF i'm still hungry in an hour I can have a 50-70 calorie snack". Most of the time I didn't feel hungry after that hour that I made myself wait. Another "trick" is to skip the french fries and have a salad BUT take 4 french fries from the friend you are with. My friends all know that my name is on 3-4 fries of theirs. It satisfies my craving and now I don't even need more than one (i dont think i'll ever stop taking ONE of them at least haha)
    Good luck to all and have a great weekend, I know you can stick to it :-) If not, friend me and if need be I can be your a drill sargent (or just motivator lol)... i took myself to a 4 mile park the other day to jog because I knew that I didnt feel like jogging and at the one mile point there really is no turning back haha Crazy but I did get my 4 miles in! (i never could run more than a quarter mile straight in January)
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    such an encouragement :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!