Gained 55 pounds in 2020

Hsdx32020
Hsdx32020 Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

Since March 2020 I have left my home 8 times? I have gotten out of the car three times.

During this quarantine my southern roots have reappeared; Lots of cooking, lots of eating, lots of drinking.

From March to Sept I gained 30 pounds. Oct. and Nov. I gained 25 pounds. I’m guessing it was the increase in sweets, junk food and holidays eating!

Since the weight gain I am experiencing pain; foot, ankle, shin, hip, and back pain. So exercise is difficult. Especially standing or walking. Somedays it is near impossible to even walk to the bathroom. I am thinking Planter Fasciitis. Oh, and I am wearing my husband’s clothes.

I need accountability, I need to lose the weight! And I am hoping this works!

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Welcome! You can do this! Start with small changes. Can you see the doctor about the pain you are having with walking? There are seated videos on Youtube that you may be able to do if you can't walk. Can you make changes in your cooking to make your favorite foods healthier? Slender Kitchen and Skinnytaste both have some good recipes. There are lots of other sites with good recipes as well. A recent change that I have made is having herbal tea in the afternoon when I want a snack. It takes me time to drink it and the flavor satisfies my desire to eat. I found that making small changes over time has worked for me. I am now down 22 pounds on MFP (really more because I didn't record my highest weight.)
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Hello...Good Luck....I am in the same boat..with the weight....!! I love to cook and try new recipes and they all haven't been the lowest of calories, I must say....!
  • Born2Run1958
    Born2Run1958 Posts: 23 Member
    I get it. I have gained and have been mostly out of work. However, I am Covid negative (tested before hand surgery) but feeling more and more like a caged animal. I am eating low carb and have not had any alcohol since Monday. That is saying alot considering it has been a long time since March. I too am from the south so I get it. I am here for support and encouragment to any who need it.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Good Luck to you all and welcome...I hope you will really explore this site. I have learned so much from the regular contributors and the stickies at the beginning of several category tabs, they have so much information. I also have had wonderful support and accountability in the 10 Day Challenges. Its a nice place to start and talk with others working daily thru the challenges of weight loss.