Let’s talk

Vic1am86
Vic1am86 Posts: 21 Member
So I’m curious, what do you find most challenging when it comes to losing weight?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Not much other than getting the measurements I want at any given weight range (waist to height or waist to hip ratios for example).

Maintenance is/was more the mental challenge for me.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Mindset to keep going forward. I've always been an emotional eater and if my mindset can't seem to stay positive, I can go weeks gaining back all the poundage I worked so hard to lose, which is where I'm at now. :(
  • Vic1am86
    What’s your current goal?
    As for your eating habits would you say your current eating habits are restrictive which could promote the need to eat?
  • Vic1am86
    @MaltedTea slow progress is better than no progress. I sometimes ignore the need to weight myself and go by how I feel health wise. Mind body etc. Sometimes the need to see numbers on the scale can be deterring
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Being consistent with meeting calorie goals/good nutrition.
  • Vic1am86
    @CaramonM would you say you follow a diet or are you freestyling?
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Emotions get in my way. Stress. Time. Many things. This is my 3rd time to lose over 100lbs and the first 2 times I did it within a year each time!! Now I have been struggling a very long 9 years!! Yoyo over here!! This time is the time. Going to my goals!! 180 cw 150 gw for February! 130 gw for may!! Head in the game and focus is on!!
  • CaramonM
    Vic1am86 wrote: »
    @CaramonM would you say you follow a diet or are you freestyling?

I suffered a major injury this year and put on a lot of weight through emotional eating, and denial that it would have consequences. I'm not following a specific diet, but trying to muster the willpower and consistency I need to be successful in ridding myself of nonsensical eating habits.

I think I have the knowledge I need to be successful now that I've healed. I just need to stop pretending that I have forever to lose my weight.

I want to generally eat healthy foods and meet a reasonable calorie goal while exercising. I tend to do well for a day, and then blow it. I need a year or two of good days at this point.
  • Vic1am86
    @Be_theBest_Me have you ever considered following a plan that suits your lifestyle? I have probably mentioned it a lot but I feel many people Yo-Yo because they haven’t found a diet that suits their busy life.
  • Vic1am86
    @CaramonM sorry to hear about your Injury. I recently posted about emotional eating so maybe you can give me your thoughts on it. Do you think emotional eating is influenced by the fear to actually address or feel the emotion. So let’s say you are sad but don’t want to feel the sadness or address why you are sad so you end up turning to food. I’m curious 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Vic1am86
    ]What’s your current goal?
    As for your eating habits would you say your current eating habits are restrictive which could promote the need to eat? @ReenieHJ forgot to tag you on the response.

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Mindset. I'm an obsessive person so I'm all in or all out. Both lead to unhealthy lifestyles. I'm either obsessed with the scale or obsessed with not restricting myself to what I want exactly.
    Trying to find a medium balance in my life is probably my biggest hurtle in all aspects really.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Be_theBest_Me have you ever considered following a plan that suits your lifestyle? I have probably mentioned it a lot but I feel many people Yo-Yo because they haven’t found a diet that suits their busy life.

Oh yeah!! I know exactly what it takes and what I should do!! I have been successful 2 times! Lost 100lbs when I met my hubby took a year. Then gained it all back having baby #1. Lost it all in a year plus an extra 25lbs. Kept that off for 2 years!!! 130lbs for 2 years when we had our second child!! Gained it all back. this time I ended up with nodules on my thyroid!! Makes me more emotional. I am an emotional eater. It's all in my head!! I yoyo because of stress. I am the provider. My husband is the stay at home. I take on the world. I do for everyone and I lose track of the self care part of life. This year is all for me!! 2021 gonna be mine!! By February I will be 150 by may 130!! Want this done before I'm 40!! I wanna be strong, fast and totally fit!! I wanna be a power house again!!
  • CaramonM
    @CaramonM sorry to hear about your Injury. I recently posted about emotional eating so maybe you can give me your thoughts on it. Do you think emotional eating is influenced by the fear to actually address or feel the emotion. So let’s say you are sad but don’t want to feel the sadness or address why you are sad so you end up turning to food. I’m curious 🤷🏽‍♂️

Maybe, yeah.. I don't know that I would call it fear, though. That is fear to address or feel the emotions, but perhaps it's just easier to cope with eating things with a lot of sugar/carbs (instant reward) than it is to experience pain, anxiety, sadness, or shame. And, it leads to a viscious cycle as you gain weight as you may excaberbate an injury with weight. And also you may feel more anxiety, sadness and shame which is distracted from by pleasurable eating. When I say my problem is consistency, it's that the stressors which feel a need of being relieved do not go away across the many days I need to be vigilant in my eating discipline. So, relapse into bad eating is a constant threat and occurance. I know people do succeed, though, and I strive to be one of them despite failure.
  • Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    Being prepared (meal prep)
    My “Tupperware life” is pretty time consuming. Other than that, I want to transform my weight. My last pod pod showed 21% bf. my next is in 2 weeks and then m hoping to have built 4 pounds lean muscle mass and dropped 4 pounds of fat. My “weight” is the same but the Ab’s are finally starting to show again
  • Vic1am86
    @Liftsalotat5 i always tend to pick a day or two to prep depending on the weeks schedule. If it’s busy then I prep the daily meals in the lunch boxes ready to eat or ready to dry fry. As for the days I’m not busy I just have the meals set to know what I want to eat and I cook. Try different recipes every now and again to keep it exciting.
  • Vic1am86
    @Be_theBest_Me well look forward to join you on the journey. Don’t place to much pressure on yourself, take it one day at a time.
  • Vic1am86
    @KickassAmazon76 dont stress about logging unless you or your PT have suggested it. I have my meal plan set up and I just pick a day and follow it. Measurements etc that’s it. For many the scale can cause issues.