Hypothyroidism/ intermittent fasting / weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on how things are going for you, maybe, as you progress? Wishing you much success!
  • gisem17
    gisem17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bubus05 wrote: »
    I am here to learn. Where do I say I in this thread calories dont count? They do.
    As far as I understand the frequency of meals influence one's insulin level, the more meals one has the higher the insulin. The higher the insulin the more the body wants to store fat. If I am wrong here please explain. If you are in principle against IF I get it, it is not every one's cup of tea, but the OP seems at least willing to give it a go hence I am trying to help in that regard.

Insulin bonds with carbs to allow the carbs to be absorbed by the cells in your body and used as fuel. The more insulin in your body, the more your body wants to convert carbs to fuel, not store them as fat.
    That is assuming that your body is working like it should. Some people have a medical condition called Insulin Resistance. If you think you have it, ask your doctor, he can run some blood work to create a diagnosis. Insulin Resistance prevents insulin from bonding with carbs to be used as fuel. Usually the body responds by producing more insulin. So if insulin is working at 50% efficiency, your body will produce twice as much to do the same job. In severe cases, the body cannot produce enough insulin to process the carbs you consume. In this case, the unused carbs will eventually be stored as fat, and your body will either remain unfed, or will have to rely on other fuel sources.
    There are some studies to suggest that IF may help improve insulin sensitivity, but only for people who actually have Insulin Resistance.