What goal should I select for body recomposition?

I all,

Been using MFP for the last 12 months and it's been a great help for bodybuilding. I've been cutting for the last 2 months and just starting to get more visible abs. My only concern is that I may have lost some lean mass in the process.

I'd like to switch to body composition, but there isn't an option on the goals section of the app.

Does anyone with experience have a solution?

Replies

• chiefred4
    chiefred4 Posts: 1 Member
    Look up a guy named Jeff Nippard on youtube he has a great video on body recomp
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    To emphasis the option for Maintain - also use the tool correctly.

That calorie eating goal to maintain weight is if your ONLY daily activity is what you selected - say Sedentary perhaps. Be honest there.

Well - you ain't going to magically gain muscle and lose fat being sedentary and maintaining weight.

Obviously you'll lift.
    So you log that as Strength training weights from the database.
    And correctly eat more that day as you do more.

Then you'll maintain weight.

Ditto's to Nippard to understand what recomp means - if Maintain didn't jump out at you in options - then you have a misconception what the process is.

And yes you probably lost some LBM (Lean Body Mass) - which is everything NOT fat mass.
    Less blood volume so less water perhaps, less stored glucose so less water, less food in stomach.
    All that is less LBM.
    And if your diet was aggressive you likely lost some muscle mass too as part of LBM.