Canned Tuna Suggestion?

Options

Replies

• chocoholic13
    Options
    I mix it with salsa, the chunky kind, it sounds disguisting but actually taste pretty good. And its low calorie.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I actually just like to put it in with a salad. Drain it really well and toss with some chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced green pepper, maybe some crispy onions if you have them. Sprinkle with some pepper and a little sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, or whatever other dressing you like, and enjoy!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    1 6oz can tuna
    2 cups spinach, chopped
    1/2 cup scallions
    1/2 cup celery
    1/4 cup fresh parsley
    1 cup brown rice (measured after cooking)
    2 teaspoons lemon pepper
    salt to taste

1. cook rice
    2. combine spinach, celery, scallions, and parsley in bowl and mix.
    3. add cooked brown rice, can of tuna, and lemon pepper to bowl and mix
    4. heat in saute pan for 2-3 min.
    5. serve and enjoy

i added some chili flakes and sirachi to it and it was pretty good. BTW, I HATE brown rice but this stuff wasnt bad at all. and easy to make
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont like mayo but I like my canned tuna mixed with a blob of natural yoghurt, and plenty of black pepper. I love a taspoon of capers stirred in too. Pile onto crackers or lettuce leaves. Or stuff large tomatoes with their innards scooped out.

Salad nicoise - tuna chunks, black olives, cold boiled potato in dice, cooked green beans.

Pasta sauce - regular tomato or marinara sauce, add the tuna and mix through
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I like it with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice, some crunchy veggies (celery, pepper, onion, carrot, etc) and some cannellini (white) beans mixed in and serve it on a bed of lettuce or a wrap/pocket.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I add in about a 1/4 diced onion, 5-6 kalamata olives chopped, some fresh parsley and as a dressing I use 3 tablespoons olive oil and the juice and zest of 1 lemon and mix it all in with tuna.
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drain the can then in a bowl, I add chopped onions, chopped celery, dijon mustard, pepper, and some vinegar or lemon juice. Then I usually spread that on toasted sandwich thins and add a slice of pickle in there too.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it with a wedge or two of your favorite Laughing Cow flavor. The garlic & herb works great for me! Just make sure to drain as much of the oil/water off before mixing in your cheese.

I do like mayo... UM, let me state that correctly: I LOVE MAYO!!!!!!!! I have (in the long ago past), eaten mayo bread... just mayo... yum!

When I mix with mayo, it is usually light or fat free mayo (still not good in the amounts I prefer!) and add dill spice to it with some chopped celery and chopped onions.

In any way you choose to mix it, or eat it straight, adding to a salad, having on crackers or having on bread is yummy!

Enjoy!
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like it with walmarts southwestern mustard.
  • Pockyjo
    Options
    I like to mix the following
    a can of drained tuna
    1 egg or just the egg white,
    1Tbs of dried onion,
    1tsp dill
    then shape into a patty and cook on griddle.

It can be eaten in a sandwich or over a bed of lettuce. This has gotten me me thru a few times when in a bind for what to have for lunch.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Put your oven on the broil setting mix ituna with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and put on some melba toast or something else crunchy. put some cheese on top.. broil until cheese is bubbled
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Insert here:

cat_yawning_canine_teeth.jpg

:laugh:
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    Try mixing it with a wedge or two of your favorite Laughing Cow flavor. The garlic & herb works great for me! Just make sure to drain as much of the oil/water off before mixing in your cheese.

I do like mayo... UM, let me state that correctly: I LOVE MAYO!!!!!!!! I have (in the long ago past), eaten mayo bread... just mayo... yum!

When I mix with mayo, it is usually light or fat free mayo (still not good in the amounts I prefer!) and add dill spice to it with some chopped celery and chopped onions.

In any way you choose to mix it, or eat it straight, adding to a salad, having on crackers or having on bread is yummy!

Enjoy!

never thought to add my all time favorite Laughing cow cheese.. YUMMY!!! thank you ;)
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    Insert here:

cat_yawning_canine_teeth.jpg

:laugh:

LOL!!!!! Same thing in my house
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    My hubby's body building friend mixes it with rice and BBQ sauce. I've tasted it and it's actually pretty good.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My brother's ex-girlfriend used to mix it with Kraft macaroni and cheese and tinned peas. I don't recommend it, or anything. I'm just reminiscing about how gross it sounds because you reminded me.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I usually add it to salads, but I made a really yummy stir fry with canned tuna a couple of weeks ago. Sauteed garlic and onion in a little olive oil while cooking some whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles; added a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, a drizzle of soy sauce, a bit of ginger, and some crushed red pepper. Once the veggies were nearly done, I added a drained can of tuna, and finally, the cooked noodles.

I've also added it to whole wheat macaroni with spinach in a light garlic sauce.
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options

mmmmm, toast with mayo... delisssssh... haven't had that in YEARS! and prolly shouldn't if i want to lose some serious weight this week, haha...
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I use mustard pr a little bit of light sour cream and salsa
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Get the solid white albacore tuna and mix it with fat free italian dressing and put in on a bed of greens with tomatoes, cucs, and what ever else veggies you like....

THIS! - it also goes well on wasa crackers or on an open faced sandwich

I also found that the pouches taste a lot better than the cans, since the cans are sooo heated and it overcooks the tuna

Also, pasta salad, mix with rice and yogurt, make into a patty, or just get the good steaks and eat less often - other fish is also good and cheaper so it's ok to mix up fishes for the health benefits