Lose 10 lbs in September Challenge

Options

Replies

• prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I binged really badly on the weekend and went up to 184 but i'm back down to 182 now. Don't think you can really call that a loss though considering that I started this month at 180.2 =[
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well I gaind 2 pounds over the week and this morning went back down to 173.2 so that's still a gain of 0.2 pound! I'm Realy not happy!!
    3,500 calories is a lot but I will try!! Good motivation!

I hope the rest did a better job in losing weight!
    For the people who did well done!!
    For the people who didn't we will do better next week!!
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    -0.4 lbs this week... eehhh could be better, but it is in the right direction at least it was not a gain like it was every week last month lol! <
    oops...! SO 3,500 calories for the week huh? I'm in!! Thanks Jrdoty! This is the push I needed... I needed a specific caloric goal. I have been slacking with the exercise SO BAD lately it's ridiculous!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Love the "fill-it-in-yourself-spreadsheet" So easy to use
    I had no ideas how anybody was going to track so many people. Well done!

Down 2.2 lbs this week which is good because I've been a slacker for a month!
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot! weighing in at 139.2 this morning. down 4.8 pounds.......all that softball and running I did yesterday really paid off! i totally got this!!!!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Totally missed last weeks weigh in!! But I am 203 today!! Gonna have to kick it up to get 199 this month!!!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I checked in at 190.3-- .3 gain from my listed start point... Will be doing the burn 3500 challenge and water challenge...

I dont cook but I can say the best way to hardboil an egg (which I eat tons-- without the yellow)

put in pan and cover with water, bring to boil for 3 minutes, let sit with heat turned off for 8 minutes and then switch out the hot water for super cold water, peel and enjoy!!
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I checked in at 190.3-- .3 gain from my listed start point... Will be doing the burn 3500 challenge and water challenge...

I dont cook but I can say the best way to hardboil an egg (which I eat tons-- without the yellow)

put in pan and cover with water, bring to boil for 3 minutes, let sit with heat turned off for 8 minutes and then switch out the hot water for super cold water, peel and enjoy!!

Thank you!!! I screw this up every time!!!! I will try this tomorrow morning so I can have some for lunch with some fat free mayo and put it on my 100 calorie sandwich thin! YUM!
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    My weight has been added to the spread sheet :0)....I will take the loss!

Definitely will be shooting for those mini challenges next week...I'd like to lose at least 2 pounds by next weigh-in.

Following is my healthy recipe (vegetarian-friendly of course)

red kidney bean and sweet potato burritos

• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
    • 1/3 tablespoon vegetable oil
    • 1/3 red onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 3 (5 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
    • 2/3 cup water
    • 1 1/3 tablespoons chili powder
    • 7/8 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1 1/3 teaspoons mustard
    • 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
    • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
    • 12 (3 1/3 inch) wheat flour tortillas, warmed
    • 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or Daiya shreds)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. Heat oil in a large skillet, and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
    3. Stir in beans, and mash.
    4. Gradually stir in water and heat until warm.
    5. Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
    6. Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas.
    7. Top with cheese (or Daiya shreds) and roll up the filled tortillas burrito style, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
    8. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
    9. Serve with sour cream (or Tofutti Better than sour cream), chopped green onions and salsa
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok, something screwy is going on with my scale... no way I lost over 5 pounds this last week!!! Mind you, I was menstruating last week... maybe I should re-enter my starting weight to what it was BEFORE last Friday? That would make it more like 2 pounds... What do you think?
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Ok, something screwy is going on with my scale... no way I lost over 5 pounds this last week!!! Mind you, I was menstruating last week... maybe I should re-enter my starting weight to what it was BEFORE last Friday? That would make it more like 2 pounds... What do you think?

Honestly I would keep it as is...but that is just me.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 172.8!!! :D Whoot Whoot! down 3 pounds and I have no clue how, lol. XD Ima gonna take it though! ;DD I'm soooooo so happy now though! Not only did I achieve my first mini goal of 10lbs loss (184-174lbs) I actually passed it today!!!! ^.^ Yayz!
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 155.2. That's down 1.2 this week. I will take it considering I hurt myself last Sunday, and I haven't been able to exercise at all this week. As far as next weeks challenges go:

1. I will drink at least 64oz of water per day.
    2. I will (hopefully) get back into the swing of exercising, but not sure about the 3500 weekly burn, BUT I WILL TRY!
    3. Healthy Recipe:

Bell Pepper Pizza

1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (fat free)
    1 block Philadelphia creme cheese (fat free)
    2 tbsp Mayo (fat free)
    2 tbsp Sweet Bell Pepper Dip Mix (tastefully simple)
    Chopped up red peppers, yellow peppers, and orange peppers.

Roll out the crescent rolls on a pan, cook and completely cool.
    Mix the creme cheese, mayo, and dip mix.
    Spread on cooled crescents
    Top with pepper mixture.
    Refrigerate for best taste.

I cut this into 12 squares.

Here is the breakdown per square:

Calories 83
    Fat 2.7 g
    Cholesterol 2.9 mg
    Sodium 290 mg
    Potassium 25.7 mg
    Carbs 10.9 g
    Protein 4g
    Vitamin A 18.6%
    Vitamin C 62.7%
    Calcium 9.1%
    Iron 2.1%
  • lkcurvy
    Options
    Hi, I know I'm a little behind on posting my response...

1. Drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water EVERY DAY -

Thankfully, I love water so this won't be a problem - I usually drink over 8 glasses a day.

2. Try a new exercise:

This will be difficult since I enjoy getting on my treadmill. My goal is to workout to Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred.

3. Think about (and share if you feel comfortable) what got you to where you are today. Why did you let yourself go? What was your awakening moment when you knew something had to change? What situations trigger you to not make healthy decisions and how can you control those situations?

Wow, there have been many factors that have triggered a change in my life however, one that caused the greatest impact was being diagnosed with a chronic thyroid problem. I immediately began to gain a serious amount of weight and my energy level dropped tremendously. I was constantly falling asleep at work, home and while driving. My co-workers and family believed I was pregnant. One day as I drove to work, I fell asleep on the freeway and hit a car. I went to the doctor and two things she said to me; 1) you have a serious thyroid problem and 2) you're obese. I was shocked, hurt yet relieved at the same time. I now was aware of what was going on in my body. I was placed on medication and I began to follow different diets but to no avail. Neither was working for me. I switched to a different medication and my doctor sat me down and said it will be difficult for me to lose the weight but if I worked hard at it I can accomplish wieghtloss. She suggested I count calories and join MFP - so here I am today. I started last month and I have been successful so far. My medication is working and I'm taking baby steps one day at a time (or should I say, one pound at a time). With God's strength I know I can do this!

I would like to thank all of you for the motivation and encouragement you have brought me through your posts on this thread. :wink:
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes Yahoo!!!!! It was weigh-in and yes I lost 1.4 pounds!!!!!! Im so :smile: Hope everyone else had a lost!!! If not try next week, but don't give up!!!!! We all can do this......good luck
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    WOW my weigh in this morning was 173.9 down 4.3 lbs I will take it. 3500 cal burn is diffinately going to challenge me, but I will give it my best try. I am usually good about drinking all the water. I will post a favorite recipe later.

CONGRATS to all the losers , keep up the good work and I love seeing everyones recipes. Keep them coming
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I finally lost a pound! Its been over 3 weeks and no progress, I'm happy right now.

keep it up losers!
  • ddoolittle
    Options
    My 9/1 starting weight was 129.6 and today I'm 127.1, down 2.5lbs! I went to three concerts over Labor Day weekend and danced my butt off (I guess literally!) for 3 hours each night. I might have to incorporate dancing to my workout routine from now on, it obviously worked!

I work in an office with limited frig space, so here's one of my favorite easy office lunches and my must-have cupboard snacks:

"Stir Fry"
    1 bag Picweet Steam'able Veggies with Oriental Seasoning (I bring to work frozen, and toss in frig until lunch)
    1 c. brown rice (I get the 90 second rice in a bag)
    1 can chicken breast
    Heat up rice and veggies, add chicken, stir up in a bowl and enjoy.

Items always in my office cupboard:
    Pretzels
    Bananas
    Apples
    Dole fruit cups
    Soup- LOVE Organic Pacific soups in a box!
    Microwave Popcorn
    Individual packets of protein shake mix
    Canned Chicken Breast and Tuna
    Canned Veggies (no salt version) which I'll mix with brown rice for an easy rice bowl lunch
    Protein Bars, love Luna brand
    Sandwich Thins bread
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    SW: 241

Week 1 (09/09/11): 237 (*4 pound loss*).

I am very, very happy (and a little surprised) w/ the loss considering in between weigh-ins; we had the Labor Day holiday and then my family was visiting from NY last weekend.

Keep up the great work and I hope everybody has a great weekend !!!!!
  • jett0206
    Options
    I am in
    The August Challenge was awesome
    I was truly motivated