Low calorie treats???

Options
2»

Replies

• Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    try different kinds of frozen fruit. Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, oranges.... with them being frozen they take longer to eat and creates a different texture. Although a lot of people seem to be telling you their "treat" I wouldn't save calories to have a processed snack or McDonalds ice cream every day. Try to find healthy, natural snacks that you enjoy.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Haagen Daz Chocolate sorbet instead of ice cream... YUM
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have a major sweet tooth and that old 'something sweet after dinner habit' so I go with (my favourite) dessert - 3/4 cup of organic natural yoghurt, a handful of frozen mixed berries, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tsp of liquid honey, Mix into a bowl and leave for 10 minutes so the berries soften and everything gets nicely chilled. It's only 160 cals and I know crave it more than icecream! Plus full of good fats, anti oxidants etc.

Or if I want chocolate I go with Green and Blacks Dark 70% coca, its organic and the high Coca content kills cravings faster so you only need a couple of squares!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in melted peanut butter.

Nice for about 180cals.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mikado biscuit sticks 11 cals each. Ruddy brilliant if all you want is a sweet taste reminder.
  • Bratkins
    Options
    Justin's organic PB and an apple. Or a slice of cheese and an apple. The "diet" 100 calorie packs are damaging for me and they just make me more hungry. If you force yourself to go three days without sugar you will feel better. That is how long it takes the addiction to pass. You can do it ;) Sugar is evil.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    celery with peanut butter is a good one and good for you, fresh fruit, the Quaker mini delights are pretty good and they have one with a chocolate drizzle only 90 calories. Rice cake with PB on it, around 100 calories
  • rygar23
    rygar23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The whole Kashi line isn't too bad - 120 calories with acceptable amounts of sugar/carbs. They really taste great too. I also like the new Special K cracker chips - 30 of them for 110 calories.