Colon Health Question

Options
Who here has ever done a colon cleanse? Everything I eat makes me feel sick and like I have to throw up. I just feel so full and bloated. And maybe a cleanse isn’t even the answer, please help me! :(

Replies

• TrailRunnerInMN
    TrailRunnerInMN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods do you eat? If you feel bloated after eating foods, you have a reaction to one (or many) foods. It might not be an allergic reaction but a sensitivity or intolerance.

Also, eating foods in a certain order can cause bloating as well. If you ate steak and potatoes and then had a piece of cake afterwards, all that wheat and sugar could sit in your digestive system and ferment while the body tries to break down the steak. I'm not saying steak is bad (I eat steak almost everyday and feel better when I eat it along with a few ounces of liver) but the combination of foods we eat usually is the culprit.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I've had 2 colonoscopies which required a total GI cleanse b4 they were done and I am scheduled 2 get another 1 done next yr

Does that count? LOL! ;)

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yay for coloscopies! not really
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. That could also be a sign of ovarian cancer and several other things not related to your colon.
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had three polyps (1 the harmless kind, 2 precancerous). I was told I would have had colon cancer in a year and been gone in less than 2. The only reason they were caught is because I had been travelling and gotten sick, didn't get better, and they were trying to figure out what went wrong. I was only 27. Colons are serious business.
    Don't do a cleanse
    Do check to see how much fibre (and water) you're consuming
    Do see your doctor