200 CLUB (CLOSED GROUP) New link for members.

Options

Replies

• bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So I did better than I was hoping by a few ounces. I was at 192.6 this morning. My goal this month has been to be below 190 by my birthday next Sunday the 28th. I was truly doubting it but no doubt about it, I AM going to be there!:happy:
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Sorry I have been MIA latley. I've been having an "on again off again" relationship with MFP. I really need to buckle down and do this because I know I can. Monday and Tuesday will be the toughest days this week because I work nights and I often find myslef eating to stay awake. I will try to check back in tomorrow night while I am at work and give an update. Have a great evening everyone!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello 200 Club! I hit Onderland this morning!!!

6065597068_d68946f076_m.jpg

That's awesome!!!! Yay!!!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    Options
    Glad to see some folks still checking in on here. Not feeling too close as a group, so hoping we can start posting more here. Struggling to get into a routine since going back to work full time, but went to the grocery and plan to work it out this week :) Congrats on everyone who has made it to Onederland!!! That's somewhere I hope to be someday very soon!!!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    Im stuck.. Cant wait to lose 3 more lbs and finally be in the 100s...
  • bell33usx2
    Options
    You'll get it. Maybe you just need to change things up a bit. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and walking/running every night. I find that I'm getting pretty bored with Miss Jillian though and starting to dread seeing her face in the mornings. I still have 2 more weeks if I'm to complete the whole 30 days. :ohwell: I will (:grumble: )hrough it but I did purchase a new Yoga DVD and am excited to start fitting that in somewhere. :bigsmile:
  • bell33usx2
    Options
    Glad to see some folks still checking in on here. Not feeling too close as a group, so hoping we can start posting more here. Struggling to get into a routine since going back to work full time, but went to the grocery and plan to work it out this week :) Congrats on everyone who has made it to Onederland!!! That's somewhere I hope to be someday very soon!!!

I'll be your cheering section for you!:tongue:
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Aw, thanks
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Aw, thanks

You are so right! We don't communicate very much, do we? How are you doing? How'd the grocery shopping do? I had a few pound loss each of the last few weeks. I'm so happy about it, but this week.....I've been so busy and so very tired I haven't even gone for a walk :( After my Dads 50th tomorrow....I'm sure to go! Funny how I miss it.....even a few days! Just wanteing to maintain this week....a one pound loss would be great! What about everyone else? How are you all doing?
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    Options

Aw, thanks

You are so right! We don't communicate very much, do we? How are you doing? How'd the grocery shopping do? I had a few pound loss each of the last few weeks. I'm so happy about it, but this week.....I've been so busy and so very tired I haven't even gone for a walk :( After my Dads 50th tomorrow....I'm sure to go! Funny how I miss it.....even a few days! Just wanteing to maintain this week....a one pound loss would be great! What about everyone else? How are you all doing?

I wasn't able to go to the grocery like I had planned, but am working on a list today and hope to go tonight. I never have a lot of terribly bad things stocked in my house which helps a lot! I miss my workouts terribly. I have been working a full time temp job for the last couple of weeks and haven't fit one in. You're doing great and to maintain on an off week is a great goal :) I'm probably up a couple of pounds, but believe the grocery trip and not working now will help a lot :)
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! SO frustrated these days cuz something always seems to be wrong with me. If it's not my knee, then I'm too dizzy to even sit up, or it's my stomach refuses to keep anything in. Every time I start to work out something happens. Does anybody else have a problem like this?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning. ..My fantastic group. . . . . Sorry I have not been posting much on here. . . You guys are so awesome. . I will be posting a message to please come here and talk. . . I would like to get to know one another better. . .

We still can post favorite recipes on Mondays. . I would love that. . .

Today I am asking. . . HOW was AUGUST. . . . what things would you like to improve on this month??? I will be posting the challenges everyday. . .There is the pygmy series and the Bushman. . . I really would like to form a team out of the 200 club members that I can submit to Gary. . .

That would really push it to the next level here. . If you want to do that let me know we have to form groups of 10. . . I would have to submit them today. . .

Just a thought we don't have to do that. . everyone can just do the challenges if they want to, but it is a lot of fun. . . I had a great team for August. .

Hope you all have the best of a day. . .I will be checking in later. . .

If you do either of challenge execise groups today. . Please let me know.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    PS. . . . I will be posting updated weights later today. . Sorry it has taken me some time. . . Everyone is doing so incredibly well. . . I am proud of each and everyone of you!

FIRE IT UP today! Push yourself. . . do something you haven't done!!!:smile:
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello! hello! The month of August started off great. I was going to the gym five days a week then the third or fourth week (bad memory!)my knees really buckled and I took a rest for two day, then I got sick, not hospital sick, but none the less I was in bed for two days and took almost a whole week to feel normal again. If that makes sense that would be my explanation of how I didn't finish off great. I was bumbed and felt disappointed in myself, Mfp Friends really helped me out by offering encouragement and I got off my but once more and started walking. My total weight loss was five pounds for August, I think it's ok. This month I would like to continue going to the gym and walking with my kids as well as get a hold of my eating habits. That is so difficult but I will persevere! My goal this month is to find low impact exercises and loose eight pounds!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Hello! hello! The month of August started off great. I was going to the gym five days a week then the third or fourth week (bad memory!)my knees really buckled and I took a rest for two day, then I got sick, not hospital sick, but none the less I was in bed for two days and took almost a whole week to feel normal again. If that makes sense that would be my explanation of how I didn't finish off great. I was bumbed and felt disappointed in myself, Mfp Friends really helped me out by offering encouragement and I got off my but once more and started walking. My total weight loss was five pounds for August, I think it's ok. This month I would like to continue going to the gym and walking with my kids as well as get a hold of my eating habits. That is so difficult but I will persevere! My goal this month is to find low impact exercises and loose eight pounds!

Sorry you had such a rough month, but 5lbs. . that is awesome. . Good job. . .
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING

YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I treated today as an extension of my weekend, but I'm excited to jump into the challenge tomorrow! I'm going to do Day 1 on Sunday this week to make up for it, just to challenge myself.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Dear 200 CLUB,

I have just finished plugging in the numbers from our start date and through AUGUST. . So here is where you can view it. . We are going to start a new one for SEPTEMBER> > > So what I need is your weight last THURSDAY, and SUNDAY. . . Thanks. . . Then I will be posting the current one for SEPT>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraEP_DcwI6IdFRQV1lCTy05N2owN3V6WXBDSmYtckE#gid=0

You guys are shaking things up. .

Okay so this is WATER WEDNESDAY. . .. MINIUMUM 8 GLASSES. .. who can do it???
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Butternut and Goat Cheese Lasagna:bigsmile:

Ingredients:

4 medium butternut squash (about eight pounds)

2 sweet onions, slivered

3 inches of ginger, roughly chopped

1/2 cup plus 4 T. canola oil

4 T. thyme, plucked

1 T. cinnamon

1 tsp. cayenne pepper

2 T. ground coriander

1 T. agave nectar

Salt and pepper, to taste

1 package phyllo dough, thawed

1 cup olive oil

1 cup soft goat’s cheese (Chevre)

4 T. honey

1 cup toasted pecan pieces

Procedure:

1) Preheat oven to 375°.

2) Slice each squash in half and remove seeds with a spoon. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 cup canola oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and

pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked and can be mashed with a fork.

3) While the squash are baking, sauté sweet onions in remaining canola oil on medium-high heat, until translucent. Add ginger and cook until ginger

softens. Remove from heat.

4) When onions have cooled, add thyme, cinnamon, cayenne, coriander and agave.

5) Remove squash from oven (leave oven on) and cool. Scoop flesh into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Stir in onion mixture, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

6) Gently roll out thawed phyllo. Gently place six sheets of phyllo into a 9”x13” casserole dish. Using a pastry brush, brush phyllo with olive oil. Scoop in butternut mixture and flatten out. Layer goat’s cheese on top, cover with six more sheets of phyllo and brush. Bake in 375° oven for 30 minutes, or until top begins to brown and flake.

7) Remove lasagna from oven and top with pecans; drizzle with honey just before serving.

PS: I will get back to you on the nutritional info as it was not provided. . and I am probably going to use noodles instead of the phyllo dough.
  • annabubba
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but LOVE Subway's Veggie Delight Sandwich and you can't beat celery with peanut butter as a late afternoon pick me up! My scale says I am 20 pounds down, but no one has noticed but my husband :-( maybe with the next 10!