Is there an excel spreadsheet that recalculates weight daily?

Options
I'm looking to enter height, age, gender, starting weight once and then have it calculate bmr and daily deficit on its own, I.e. as days with a deficit go on the bmr goes down without me having to enter anything more than calories eaten and exercise done.

Replies

• stevenjj71
    stevenjj71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The precision nutrition site has a great calculator that makes an exportable CSV file for Excel based on your inputs and forecasts.
  • rightsizewendy
    rightsizewendy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that you have Excel or are you using the free version online?

If you have the paid version, go to the following:
    -File
    -Then select "More Templates" (it's on the far right-hand side of the page in blue font)
    -Then in the search field, input "calorie amortization schedule"
    -2 templates will pop up that you can choose from

Hopefully that helps!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to do. My homemade spreadsheet, which took about an hour to make, tracks "actual" and "projected" weight, along with cals, exercise, and (calculated) weight loss for the day (a formula, which is ((TDEE-net calories for the day)/3500). The projected weight column is simply a running total of calculated daily weight losses from one scale reading a year and a half ago. I also have a column "delta" that shows the deviation of actual weight from calculated weight; in other words, -1.2 means I am currently 1.2 pounds less than would be suggested by the TDEE based calculation; it now stands at -2.3 after 18 months, which only means my TDEE estimate is accurate.

My formula reduces my TDEE by 5 calories per pound lost, which is sort of equivalent to reducing BMR as your weight decreases. BMR is not a germane variable in a weight spreadsheet, but TDEE definitely is.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Surely you want to track TDEE and not BMR if you are intending using the information to set an eating goal?
  • rightsizewendy
    rightsizewendy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lgfrie, that's a brilliant idea! I have an excel spreadsheet that I use and I never thought to do that. I will incorporate that into my spreadsheet.