Liver and Onions... Whose with me

aowtso4fnxkd.jpeg
So good for you .. be nice if you don't like it 🤣

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    aowtso4fnxkd.jpeg
    So good for you .. be nice if you don't like it 🤣

I love love love liver and onions and that looks delicious! However, you and I are a rarity. Enjoy it, I can smell it now with all those onions...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,464 Member
    LOVE it! Wish it liked me. That looks so good!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    😂 Reminds me of stories my dad will tell about how, as a kid, he absolutely drooled over the smell of liver and onions when his grandma cooked it. However, he absolutely hated it. 😂
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,329 Member
    Been awhile.. I like em.. 🤤
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Love it, should have it more often.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 562 Member
    My mom was lucky she lived with me, because I was the only one of her five kids who would eat liver and onions and knew how to cook it correctly. I didn't like it as a kid, but my tastes changed on a few things.
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Mmm! love liver and onions, but too bad I can't cook it! LOL! My mom used to make it really well. Haven't had it for years.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    Unprocessed liver is one of the few things I truly hate to eat.

Pate, liverswurst foie gras - no problem - but cooked "raw" liver w/ or w/o onions?

Pardon me as a gag and vomit. LOL!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I’m indifferent but - turn it into pate and I can eat a truckload 🤣 I use chicken livers, sauté the onions, add garlic and salt and pepper then blitz in a food processor with a really good slug of brandy. No idea how long it keeps for as that’s not an issue in my house!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,867 Member
    I also love it pureed into a pate, but don't like it otherwise. To the above I would say de-glaze the frying pan with the slug of brandy to pick up all the delicious bits stuck to the pan. Also pour a thin layer of melted butter onto the top of the pate and chill to harden so that it doesn't dry out if it sits around a while.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,845 Member
    Hmm.. I hate the smell of cooking liver. I tried it myself in small amounts but it wasn't for me. On the other hand I ate fantastic liver and other offal dishes on one of the Balearic islands, and it was fantastic! I wish I could cook it like that.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I'm the only one in the household who likes it so have Marks & Spencers ready meal once in a while. It's pretty decent. It's usually good at Italian restaurants too.

2lokmxbtgjco.png

First experiences I remember with liver almost put me off for life - school dinners with very strongly flavoured liver, over-cooked until it was as tough as shoe leather and with big blood vessels for added nastiness......
    It was only because I enjoyed pâté so much I knew I would enjoy the main ingredient if it was cooked properly.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    😂 Reminds me of stories my dad will tell about how, as a kid, he absolutely drooled over the smell of liver and onions when his grandma cooked it. However, he absolutely hated it. 😂

I love the smell of it cooking too. My mom cooked it in bacon grease. My dad and one sister were the only ones in the family that would eat it though. I can’t get past the texture. Love pate and braunschweiger🤷🏻‍♀️
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    I love liver and onions but even if I have 1 bite it gives me a major gout attack. My old Italian grandmother used to make fried chicken livers and onions in oil and add hot red pepper flakes. Ahh, the memories. And the limping :(
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    My mother couldn't stand the smell of liver and onions cooking, but my dad loved it. So it was a special treat if mom was gone for the evening and dad would make liver and onions. I still love it but my husband doesn't so I don't make it often.