Bariatric surgery-gastric sleeve

Options
2»

Replies

• kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You got this, Sassygirl! But you don't have to "get it" alone...all those who know and love you for the precious soul you are will support you. LEAN on them. We all need to lean on each other! xoxo
  • Berriesweet26
    Berriesweet26 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I've thought about having the surgery for years. But I knew I wasn't ready to throw in the towel trying on my own. I'm great at dieting and working out but it's hard for me not to slip back into old habits when faced with stress. I now have a feisty 2 yr old little girl and she made me realize that I need to be a healthier me so I can be around for her and I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes as well as thyroid disease. My doctor suggested revisiting weight loss surgery as she said I'm a good candidate for it so I am now in the insurance part of the process. I want to be healthy. I want to be able to keep up with my little girl. I want to go up the stairs safely and not worry about my knees giving out and not be winded after walking a few feet. I want to be diabetes free and medication free. I know my mental state wasn't ready for wls years ago but I know I'm ready now. It's definitely not an easy fix and I know I have to be mentally ready for the lifestyle changes. So far I've been implementing them and I've gone from 320 pounds and I'm down to 292.