Anyone here a health coach?

Options
This is something I've considered for quite some time. I'm not sure how marketable/usable it would be and where are some, good reputable online schools to become a health coach (and what credentials I need to be marketable). I already have a master's (and am still paying off student loans), but I work in healthcare "coaching" parents to some extent, so I think it would be a good fit. I'm really interested in working with kids (as I do now). Just looking for others who may do this already as a profession, or have studied it.

Replies

• RashadLavelle
    RashadLavelle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am, but I don't market it. Depending on where you get it from it can be really subjective. Unfortunately, mine was with Dr. Eric Berg (Keto Focused), and although the health coach certification sounds great on paper, the aspects of trying to get everyone to a eat a certain way is also very subjective.

Honestly, I think the Personal Training Certification along with Nutrition Certification has more value. The certifications also touches on the health and nutrition aspects.

If Nutrition focus only, then Precision Nutrition is the top school. It's the one where I see most health coaches are successful at. It's also un-biased, unlike other ones and it covers a a wide range of diets that are popular.

The other one is with NASM. It's the most reputable on the market and most high caliber Gyms such as Lifetime Fitness, requires NASM.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    When I think of "health coach" what comes to mind is someone trying to sell MLM products like Beachbody, so encourage you to find a more reputable sounding certification, perhaps one suggested above.