i joined a gym

Options
I felt guilty yesterday b/c i didn't walk tuesday or wednesday and i had some ie ream yesterday...oops! Today i went and joined the gym and now i don't have any excuses such as the weather to hold me ack. I haven't really gotten into the whole srength training routine but i sure did work that treadmill and elliptical. I feel proud. and im happy i didn't slip off the wagon for good!

Replies

• chels627
    chels627 Posts: 15
    Options
    I felt guilty yesterday b/c i didn't walk tuesday or wednesday and i had some ie ream yesterday...oops! Today i went and joined the gym and now i don't have any excuses such as the weather to hold me ack. I haven't really gotten into the whole srength training routine but i sure did work that treadmill and elliptical. I feel proud. and im happy i didn't slip off the wagon for good!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The cardio is what will make the weight go off, and the weight training/circuit training is what will firm you up and build your muscle. So both are important, but to me without the cardio the weight is not going to go off... or at least it will go off much slower!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Congrats! You're exactly right about not having bad weather as an excuse now. I go to 24hr Fitness so I don't even have "not enough time today" as an excuse, because it's always open! Also, paying for a membership can be reason to go, haha.
  • shalinik78
    Options
    High 5!!!!

149532.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    good job-- Now remember with gym memberships its a contract so just because you stop going doesn't mean you stop paying- So use that as motivation to go as well.

Also here is another tip where a hoodie when you leave- Cause you may be hot in the gym and the coldness feels good to you outside but you can get sick LIKE ME!!!!- so bring a little zip up hoodie with you lol- I knew what I was doing guess I felt invinciable now im doped up on drugs and can't workout tonight :grumble:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Good for you! The cardio is what will make the weight go off, and the weight training/circuit training is what will firm you up and build your muscle. So both are important, but to me without the cardio the weight is not going to go off... or at least it will go off much slower!

Keep in mind that the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! I think we went a year without going and we were still paying. I've had that gym membership since I was 13 years old and our monthly fee is 24 bucks for the whole family of 4 so there's no way in hell I would EVER get rid of it even if we weren't using it as often as we should. They got me!!!