How often are you working out and for what time periods?

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    msapplek wrote: »

Since I'm newer to this commitment of fitness and activity, I really enjoy reading this thread to see how people use their time and energy. Side question: do your non-exercising friends and family have little interest in listening to your fitness schedules and goals?

I learned a long time ago that my fitness and nutrition goals were of little interest to others. When I first started and was losing weight and improving my fitness, I was very excited about the whole thing and the whole process and I talked about it way too much...not only were people uninterested, it was annoying and that started to show pretty quickly...so I just stopped talking about it.

You may find as time goes on that you accumulate more active and health/fitness minded friends. I've been trying to live the good life as much as possible now for 8 years and I'd say the vast majority of my friends now are active and health oriented people. Many of my old friendships have either dissolved and/or aren't as prominent in my life as they once were. Part of that is that I'd rather meet up with a group and cycle to Bike In Coffee on a Sunday morning...or meet up with some peeps in the mountains for some mountain biking or a hike than going to the sports bar to drink beer and watch football all day...another part is that I simply have different family obligations than I did a decade ago, and many of those old timer friends remain single and/or they don't have kids.
  • foreverblissful
    foreverblissful Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do my strength training which usually lasts 45mins to 1hr then do an hour of just dance on my switch. So roughly generally 1hr 45mins-2hrs four days a week. I also do an additional 5th day of only playing just dance for an hour.

😭 It probably doesn't sound like much but it's helped me keep active, in shape and mentally sane through this pandemic.
  • nataliepate25
    nataliepate25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I often workout for 1 hour and 5 days a week. I try to cover all the exercises in 5 days.