I just had oven-roasted broccoli for the first time

2»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    I think tonight calls for a baked potato with broccoli and cheese. 😁
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,878 Member
    Tonight we steamed some artichokes and boiled the stems in the water at the bottom of the steamer. Feeling a bit silly discovering just now that artichoke stems are edible and delish. We've been treating the stems as waste for years.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Most of the veggies i eat now are veggies i ''discovered'' later in life. Problem was, my mom loves to boil vegetables to death. So i never liked broccoli, cauliflower,beans etc. When i moved out i started trying them out roasted, and loved them . I can also eat them boiled or steamed ,but they still need to have some texture.
    Nowadays i try new vegetables all the time and always give them a second chance even if i don't like them the first time. Last week i tried celeriac for the first time. I hate celery in general but gave it a go. Boiled was okay, roasted was awesome .
    I think probably the only exception where i actually prefer a vegetable boiled rathen than roasted, is beets. I boil them and puree them ,then add,salt pepper olive oil and lemon. Yummy and pairs well with fish.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    My favorite way to do beets is roasted, but wrapped in foil, so they don't get dry. Delicious and easy.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 3,061 Member
    I just throw some in the air fryer for the last two or three minutes of whatever I’m grilling in it. Very tasty.

Late life loves: Brussels sprouts. Asparagus. FRESH peas. As opposed to the godawful canned versions mom foisted on us as kids. Still can’t learn to love a lima bean, though.

Slowly developing a taste for plain black teas.

I have an elderly lovebird. He can see me pull broccoli out of the fridge- even if it’s heavily wrapped or in a tub- from all the way acrost the room and will immediately start squealing for some. How does he know?!

I thought you had a cute name for your husband!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    Oven roasted broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are all great.

I don't always prepare then in this way but they are always delicious to me when I do.