at a lower weight but the jeans still don’t fit

backstory: bought a uk size 10 (us size 6) jeans in september and they buttoned up but were really tight. then they fit a few weeks later.

then i started university and ate takeaway for most of the week for 2 months due to stress and greed.

as of right now i’m back to the lowest weight i’ve been which i hit originally on halloween and tried on the same black jeans right now as i was looking forward to wearing them to see my family but they fit worse than when i got them

but the thing is i’m at lower weight right now than when they orginally fit in september.

has this happened to anyone before? i’m upset. maybe it’s because i’ve been lifting weights properly and consistently?? but i’ve only been consistent with that for 2 weeks so it’s not muscle

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    basically to sum up i’m at a lower weight then when i used to fit in the jeans but they don’t fit now. maybe due to lifting weights but it’s not been long enough to build muscle??

has anyone experienced this
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Could be because lifting can cause water retention, to help with muscle repair.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,549 Member
    Yeah... Give it time. Muscle is more compact than fat so if anything I'd expect your weight to maintain and size to go down.

It's more likely water weight.
    Keep up eating right and lifting. Those are both good things, even if the jeans don't fit.
  • trulyhealy
    but my weight is going down and size is staying the same maybe it’s just water weight from the past 2 months of eating bad
    Yeah... Give it time. Muscle is more compact than fat so if anything I'd expect your weight to maintain and size to go down.

It's more likely water weight.
    Keep up eating right and lifting. Those are both good things, even if the jeans don't fit.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited December 2020
    Were these weights taken on the same scale at the same time of day, or are you using a different scale at college?
  • trulyhealy
    it’s the same scale and both in the morning but months apart like since i hit the lowest weight i ate a lot and then only now got back to that weight but my body is looking a lot better an the face fat too which i didn’t notice before i’m so confused
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Did you put them through a hot wash cycle, or in a clothes dryer in between times?
  • trulyhealy
    Ok... So the body looks better. You feel better. Your weight is lower and your face is better...

So maybe the jeans are the problem? Like... Why worry so much about making your body fit the jeans. Put them aside for another few months and reevaluate.

if you are happy with the changes in your body, why not just run with that?

bc i want to wear the jeans and are the only black jeans i have and my other black jeans are way too big it’s not a big deal i just wanted to wear them but the button up and zip up it’s just too tight to wear so maybe in like 2-3 it should be fine? idk
  • trulyhealy
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Did you put them through a hot wash cycle, or in a clothes dryer in between times?

yeah
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    Hmm well idk. Something similar I’ve been lifting more and increased my protein intake so much due to tracking my macros which I didn’t do before.

I also noticed my clothes fitting a little tighter just a bit. I feel very bloated. I wonder if it’s the increase of whey protein causing bloating.

I’m sure it’s discouraging. Hang in there and observe your body and your nutrition a little closer. Best of luck. If you look better and feel better, that’s the proof. Maybe the jeans shrunk, try on other clothes and wait a few days :)
  • trulyhealy
    Hmm well idk. Something similar I’ve been lifting more and increased my protein intake so much due to tracking my macros which I didn’t do before.

I also noticed my clothes fitting a little tighter just a bit. I feel very bloated. I wonder if it’s the increase of whey protein causing bloating.

I’m sure it’s discouraging. Hang in there and observe your body and your nutrition a little closer. Best of luck. If you look better and feel better, that’s the proof. Maybe the jeans shrunk, try on other clothes and wait a few days :)

i’ve been increasing my protein intake/tracking it for the first time recently and it makes such a difference in thr fullness level it reduces cravings it’s so great and it’s weird bc 2 trousers in the same size fit better but then the black jeans and another pair of jeans don’t it sucks never really had this otib of being inbetween sizes in the past it’s always been how long until my clothes become too big
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    trulyhealy wrote: »

i’ve been increasing my protein intake/tracking it for the first time recently and it makes such a difference in thr fullness level it reduces cravings it’s so great and it’s weird bc 2 trousers in the same size fit better but then the black jeans and another pair of jeans don’t it sucks never really had this otib of being inbetween sizes in the past it’s always been how long until my clothes become too big

I'd say if you have other trousers now fitting better, that supports the hypothesis that your jeans have shrunk in the wash.
    Agreed!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    You are probably one of the few people who can genuinely claim the jeans shrunk. It sucks when you want to wear something that doesn't fit but that's life. Chin up, and have a lovely Christmas.
  • trulyhealy
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    OP you are a healthy weight, so therefore it's possible to have gained enough muscle that your shape has changed.

Have you had any therapy for your body dismorphia yet?

This

no bc the woman hardly helped me with the original issue that i went to the doctor with but to be honest i like my body now especially since i’ve started to lift weights properly so i don’t think i have body dysmorphia i just think it was i didn’t like being overweight but i’m starting to love my body especially now that i only have 20lbs to lose