Anxiety about how long it will take to reach goal

Does anyone else have anxiety about how much weight they have gained and how long it will take to lose? I am 196 my goal is 119 and I’m guessing it’s gonna take 1.5 years? I have all these thoughts like look how fat you got it’s gonna take forever to get to your goal and I was wondering if anyone else has this? If so how do you deal with it?

Replies

• Anna67890
    Anna67890 Posts: 2 Member
    I am going for the small goals approach and to my mind it seems much more achievable. Focusing on losing a small amount over a month or so feels easier to me than a larger amount over a long time. This might help you? Once I reach my next small goal I am going to treat myself to a nice bath bomb from lush!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Ive been going this time for about 122 days. Thats what a third of a year? Its so easy to tell that I have lost weight and I feel so much better of for it! I've lost about 6/7 kgs, thats a stone, or 14lbs, not even that much weight, but its better than not having lost that weight, or realistically gained more. Set your goals on losing 20lbs, and don't look up till then, then set your sights on another 20lbs and you will be half way there :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    What a great thread! 🤗 I hope more people see it. I, for one, am bookmarking it.

Mind over matter, indeed.

Anxiety is not our friend but it can be harnessed to your advantage, @DanaBunny92.

There are podcasts and numerous content sources for this kind of work (and you'll likely see the impact beyond the scale) but you're likely best served by talking mental health professional during your weight loss journey.
  • CameronWhittaker
    CameronWhittaker Posts: 26 Member
    Imagine how you are gonna feel in just 6 months when your 150lbs! The end might be over a year away, but that year is gonna be full of awesome milestones (and some devastating set backs). But you will get there eventually, it might take 1 year or it might take 3 years but you will get there eventually.