Fresh - Roma Tomato, 2 tomato 70 14 2 2 10 2
Bertolli's - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp (15ml) 240 0 28 0 0 0
Heb - Crumbled Feta-Reduced Fat, 0.5 container (8 oz.s ea.) 320 4 16 28 1,280 0
Generic - Hass Avocado, Raw, 1 of medium avocado 250 15 23 5 0 5
Lemon juice - Raw, 0.25 cup 15 5 0 0 1 0

Total: 2095 284 75 83 1381 13
Per Serving: 524 71 19 21 345 3

Makes: 4 servings

Make the pasta according to the package, drain the water, and set the pasta aside. Next, mix in the rest of ingredients, starting with the lemon juice and olive oil, then tomatoes, avocados, and the feta. For the tomatoes, avocados, and feta, you can cut them however you prefer. After, refrigerate for 2 hours and serve! :) You can serve it warm as well, but I prefer cold. :) You can change it up and use lime juice, different feta, wheat pasta, etc. but this is the cheapest way for me to make it as a college student. I made this tonight for dinner, and will use it for the next three nights after. Enjoy! :D

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    So...where are the "veggies" in the "veggie feta pasta"?
  • bump
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    So...where are the "veggies" in the "veggie feta pasta"?

Not saying it looks bad or anything...quite tasty actually...but there's no veggies in it!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    The veggie spirals, which I know are not actually vegetables, haha but the tomatoes and avocados. The original way I used to make it had green onions and some other stuff in it, but I took out a lot tonight. Sometimes I like to mix it up and put in zucchini, squash, black olives, etc. Whatever you feel like!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    The veggie spirals, which I know are not actually vegetables, haha but the tomatoes and avocados. The original way I used to make it had green onions and some other stuff in it, but I took out a lot tonight.

Sweet pea. .. wonderful recipe. . The tomatoes and avocados dear. . .are "fruits" I will indeed be trying this recipe though. . Thanks for sharing.:bigsmile:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Sounds pretty yummy. I think adding some green veggies might make this extra good.