Here goes...

Options
So, I'm a very unhappy 26 year old female. Weighing in at 406lbs. I don't know how I let this happen however I do know my weight will NEVER go over 406lbs.

I will be documenting my weight loss on here and also on Instagram. I feel like for me to be successful on my journey I need it to be out there so there's no going back.

The reasons I'm doing this is for both my physical health and most importantly my mental health. When people see a larger person they only ever think of the physical health problems. Never the mental health which I'm currently at my very worst. I've been in bed since Christmas eve, crying most of the time. Full of hate and disgust at what I've become. Eating bare minimum as food is what has created all of this.

However, this is my first step and I've took it 💪

I will be slightly relaxed until the 2nd of January however I'm not going to be binging!

I know how this can have such a devastating effect on your mental health, I'm suffering now with it however you're not alone. My inbox is always open to people who need some kind words of encouragement.

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You've got this <3:)
  • Slimmerdownjade
    Slimmerdownjade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happymom83 wrote: »
    You've got this <3:)

Thank you so much ❤
  • thesingingswan
    thesingingswan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to give you a big hug! I used to binge and overeat when I was in my twenties and I realized (after a very talented therapist helped me) that my eating was the one thing that I could control in my life. I could control how full I felt and it felt good at the beginning, but then made me feel terrible/shameful/bloated/sick soon after.

If you are able, I would suggest talking to a therapist about this since they may help you understand the underlying issues that are causing you to overeat/binge. There are so many stigmas about therapy, but I am a true believer that it can open up a world of change in your life and cause you to begin to love yourself. And every person in this world deserves that. After you are able to understand why, then it may become more feasible to make lasting changes when it comes to your diet and exercise.

I wish you all the best in this journey, and remember, that you deserve love and to be able to love yourself.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you are here! That is a great first step. Please be gentle with yourself as you make the necessary changes. Don't try to make the changes all at once, and don't beat yourself up if/when you slip up. You are human. One of the biggest mistakes I've made over the years was to mess up, feel like a failure and give up. I have done that more times than I can count. I've also quit many times because I wan't "seeing the results" I wanted as fast as I wanted so "why bother." I have finally (in my 60's with health concerns) learned that this is a journey- it will not be perfect, but I need and deserve to be on it. I log when I mess up, but I acknowldge and honor the good choices I make as well.I know you can do this.