The Diamond Challenge: Round 5: Wk 3 - Little Diamond's

Options
13»

Replies

• lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am catching up as I just got back from being out of town since Tuesday morning. There was no cell phone service - I had to drive 20 minutes down the street from my cabin to the local Walmart to get my messages once a day! It was nice to be away, but I know I slacked so time to get back on track!!
    QOTD, What is your favorite fast and easy healthy snack. I'm a real snacker and am always on the lookout for new, easy and yummy things to snack on!!

Apple and peanut butter or cinnamon almonds. I like to keep the 100 calorie packs of almonds in my purse and car for my "emergency snacks."
    I am starting the QOTD for Wednesday:

What is your fitness goal aside from losing some lbs and what do you find most challenging about reaching that goal? What are some solutions you have found on this journey?

I have made it a personal goal to run a 5k next spring summer. I have never been a runner, but I am now on week 2 of c25k.
    QOTD Friday: Often times, those of us with weight issues have a history of using food as a reward/celebration for a special occasion or accomplishment. What have you started (or want to start) using as a reward since starting on your weight loss journey?

I am rewarding myself for every ten pounds lost. First 10 was a shellac manicure. Second 10 was a HRM. Next ten will be a massage. I haven't decided after that. My "final" reward (hopefully!) will be new clothes for the cruise that I am going on in March.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    QOTD Friday: Often times, those of us with weight issues have a history of using food as a reward/celebration for a special occasion or accomplishment. What have you started (or want to start) using as a reward since starting on your weight loss journey?

i haven't met my first goal yet (to be under 200) but when i do, i think i'm going to buy a new outfit, along w/ shoes... but i was also thinking of getting a HRM. i think that might be a little more beneficial...
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

What is your fitness goal aside from losing some lbs and what do you find most challenging about reaching that goal? What are some solutions you have found on this journey?

I want to lose 22-23 more lbs (50 in total) - getting myself out of the "obese" range on the BMI scale and being just "overweight"...I want to continue to exercise to tone up....My hubby turns 50 next may and I would like to have a birthday party for him and look hot for it - or at least as hot as I can get LOL!

This is still an issue for me - I still use food as a reward and I am definately an emotional eater. A couple weeks ago though I stumbled onto something I really want, and have decided to save it until I get down 50lbs - then buy it for myself.

http://blendcreations.com/item.php?item_id=884&category_id=181

not sure if I did the link right....but it is a family birthstone necklace ( I LOVE necklaces - in fact, I am a necklace junkie!!)...mine would have 2 green stones on each side (May - for hubby and my youngest son), two light blue stones around the middle stone (December - my other two sons) and a red stone in the middle (January - for me)....I love it!!! I would get our names engraved on it....okay, now I am motivated again! :smile:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No rewards other than that I look and feel better!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Umm.... just fitness in general. I have really slipped off the fitness wagon. I haven't been able to find anything I really enjoy, so when I work out it's not very long and I feel like I have to force myself. I still workout, but my heart isn't in it. I keep trying though. Maybe eventually I will find something that works for me.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I still allow myself food treats, as long as they are low cal and healthy. Nothin' wrong with that. My other rewards are pedicures, haircuts, that kind of stuff. :)