Evening Struggles

Hey everyone, how do you all suppress that evening crave for comfort and junk food? One of my biggest struggles.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2020
    I can’t say it any better than @AnnPT77 did.

For me, personally, I prefer to skip breakfast and save up calories for dinner/dessert. I’m never hungry in the morning anyway. I typically have black coffee in the morning, a snack around 10:00 (usually a protein bar), lunch around 1:00, a low-cal high protein snack around 3:00. This usually leaves me 1000-1200 calories for dinner/dessert. I save 200-300 calories for dessert, ice cream or chocolate, every night. I freak out and binge if I completely cut out ice cream and chocolate, so I allow them every night.

The podcast Half Size Me has some terrific tips on night snacking, if you’re in to podcasts.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I have noticed evenings are a problem area for myself as well. I shifted the vast majority of my calories to afternoon/evenings. Being full reduces my cravings. I think some of it is decision fatigue. I notice I do a lot better when I have a couple pre-counted already prepared meals for the afternoon/evening. I am not rigid with my diet. If I feel like saving one of my meal preps for the next day and making/counting a new dish for today, that is ok in my book. I find the later in the day, the less motivated I am to count a bunch of calories and make a new dish. Drinking enough water helps. I love some evening tea.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Having snacks ready—celery, carrots, a hot drink, soup.
    Saving calories for snacks.
    I actually have a mini meal late at night—calories planned for.