90 pounds lost...pics on profile!

Options
bethdris
bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
I just wanted to share my journey. I joined MFP March 13th, 2011...weighing in at 246.2l. My son's were 4 yr old, almost 2 and almost 1. I decided that if I ever plan to see them grow up, I gotta get my butt in gear and lose some weight.

I've yo yo dieted all my adult life, never being able to maintain any loss long term. Onice I figured out there are no secrets, no special pills that just make the weight "fall off", I joined MFP. I already had a friend that joined a few months earilier, and she has done very well.

So I went from sitting on my couch and chasing kids to walking WITH the kids outside, getting fresh air, using my ellipitical, that once just collected dust. Who would have known, it wasn't made to collect dust?? Hmmm...

I went from eating junk food and eating "just to fill time" to eating balanced meals, and changed my idea of "snacks".

Water has become my main drink of choice(well Coffee is a CLOSE 2nd), instead of soda/juice.

It really is about changing your mindset, being determined to make the change, and implimenting the changes needed to lose weight and keep it off.

Yes, I've lost a lot of weight in a short amt of time. (just under 6 months).... As anyone else, I've had obstacles to over come...being we have 3 young children, and their needs come first, I had to plan my execise around their schedules or take them with me.

I currently have back/leg/foot issues that I am dealing with, but have managed to either maintain or lose a little at a time during this issue.

I have created a "no nonsense" attitude about my body and I needed to transform myself.

I DO need to thank my family, and my MFP friends...their support and encouragement has been a HUGH help!!!

My food diary is open, if you want to take a peek, help yourself. I hope this wil inspire someone to "keep at it".

You didn't gain it over night, and I can promise you, it won't come off over night :)

Replies

• charmainecurrie
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story
    it's just amazing
    you must so very proud of yourself
  • smcrimmon12
    smcrimmon12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is impressive!! :)
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! U look fantastic.....congrats :)
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! You're an inspiration!
  • peterkin923
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.....you are very inspiring : ) Congratulations to you!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Way to go!! Keep it up!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post and I'm so pleased for you. You've clearly worked so hard and with juggling your lovely children I can relate on putting yourself first.
    Well done and congratulations on the new you! x
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. I'm at whitts end today. I am determined and glad to see that it can and will work, I just need to continue on! Woop Woop! so proud of you! Glad we re friends! Thansk for the positive mojo!
  • NOELLisLOVE
    Options
    The definition of motivation.

I woke up feeling discouraged today so i decided to read success stories. This is just amazing! (And it knocked all traces of discouragement out the window) :bigsmile:
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You have been absolutely an amazing friend! And you inspired me so much!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request, as you intrigue me
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hey Beth,

I am really happy to find your success story. I obviously needed to see how it is done!! Just yesterday I was wondering what next?
    I will looking at your food diary as soon as I can find it, I think that will be super exciting to have new ideas.

A Big THANK YOU TO YOU :):)

Eddiegirll
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Ditto!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Completely amazing results. You look fabulous!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!!
  • mrslightfoot21
    mrslightfoot21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!