Commitment

Options
This year my word is commitment to create healthy habits and turn struggle into success!!

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This year my word is commitment to create healthy habits and turn struggle into success!!

@krisniel1973 You can do this! NEVER give up on yourself.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I found it easier to commit when I would write it down. I broke a couple of bad personal habits by writing them down and writing why I thought I’d done them, what I thought I got out of them on a daily basis. When I went back to look, it was so laughably ridiculous it made it that much easier to quit.

To commit to exercise, I pre-book classes, both in person and via zoom. I enter them on my phone calendar, with a reminder an hour or two beforehand so I can make sure I clear my calendar. Pre-booking also means I lose the money if I cancel, which helps with commitment.

Many local gyms and yoga studios are offering zoom classes. I am fortunate that mine does carefully distanced in-person ones as well, so I mix them up.

Weighing and logging foods in MFP is a form of journaling, too. Once you commit to doing it -and doing it properly and effectively (which comes with practice)- it becomes an easily manageable habit you barely notice.

This is the best guide to the basics of it all:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Much success to you. I won’t wish you “luck”. Luck has nothing to do with it. 😘