Let’s talk

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Vic1am86 wrote: »
    @KickassAmazon76 dont stress about logging unless you or your PT have suggested it. I have my meal plan set up and I just pick a day and follow it. Measurements etc that’s it. For many the scale can cause issues.

For me, I need the structure of logging to see results. I don't have a pt, or a meal plan. I've been on mfp for about 9 years now and when I log, I lose. I did ok without logging for about 2 years, but years 3 and 4 saw a resurgence of emotional eating.

Logging will help me break those habits.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    The hardest part is maintaining 115lbs.

My “comfortable” weight seems to be 120lbs- 124lbs- where I can eat whatever I want without micromanaging. When I’m laid back, my weight won’t go higher than that.

But 115lbs seems like I have to eat like a rabbit, and be extremely mindful.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Getting enough protein, keeping up my lifting and making sure I don't lose muscle.
  • Vic1am86
    Vic1am86 Posts: 21 Member
    @vanityy99 i would suggest you consider leaning down to 115 first and then from there rever diet. This will allow you to work your way to 124 with little to no fat gain.
  • Vic1am86
    @sardelsa whst your current plan like?
  • Vic1am86
    @KickassAmazon76 whats your current split? Or are you just targeting a set of calories and hitting them
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited December 2020
    @KickassAmazon76 whats your current split? Or are you just targeting a set of calories and hitting them

At this point, I am going for total cals with mild attention to macros.

Eta... FWIW... I responded to this thread as a "partners in crime" type of response, and not an "I need help, please help me".

I know what works for me... I just stopped doing it. Lol.
  • sardelsa
    @sardelsa whst your current plan like?

@Vic1am86 actually I'm bulking at the moment so weight loss is not an issue :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    So I’m curious, what do you find most challenging when it comes to losing weight?

food.
  • Vic1am86
    @sardelsa excellent lol I too am bulking.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

I've been bulking since 1989.
  • sardelsa
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I've been bulking since 1989.

@Motorsheen you must have some mad gainz ;)
  • Vic1am86
    @jtegirl1 hows the lockdown treating you? Our gyms have been shut since November and won’t open at least till late January.
  • Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    @Liftsalotat5 i always tend to pick a day or two to prep depending on the weeks schedule. If it’s busy then I prep the daily meals in the lunch boxes ready to eat or ready to dry fry. As for the days I’m not busy I just have the meals set to know what I want to eat and I cook. Try different recipes every now and again to keep it exciting.

I travel weekly for work so I prep the week
    On sundays, I fail miserably eating at restaurants so it’s worth the effort
  • Vic1am86
    @jtegirl1 i agree training at home is not the same. I don’t have that much equipment but looking to get rid of the sofa in the living room to purchase equipment. Word around the street is gyms are likely to still be closed in February
  • Vic1am86
    @Liftsalotat5 yeah I understand, once you get that menu and you see all those meals infront of you as well as the visual of the plates on other people’s tables
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    we got a lot of snow so outdoor running will have to wait until there's enough melt
  • Vic1am86
    @seepersaud no need to run, you can get your steps in. That’s better than nothing:
  • Vic1am86
    2021 folks, so what is the goal- what are we going to do different?
  • KickassAmazon76
    2021 folks, so what is the goal- what are we going to do different?

Nothing much. Gonna keep logging. Keep lifting. And work on that recomp.