Gaining weight tips

Options
Hello, I’m trying to gain weight as currently I’m underweight but I find it hard to reach the calorie target without feeling to full up. Does anyone have any tips on how much to eat and when and good meals to eat which have high calories (I’m pescatarian which makes it a bit harder as I can’t get protein from meat). Thank you

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you checked out this link, it has helpful tips and food suggestions

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

A good non-meat option that comes to mind would be salmon which is fairly calorie dense due to its higher fat content. Also smoothies, eating on a regular schedule, and not overdoing the cardio.

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you eat dairy or eggs, too? If so, full fat dairy is a great way to get calories and protein. Also, there is fairlife chocolate milk (your welcome).

Outside of that, I would focus on things like sietan, tofu, and soy. Adding nuts and nut butters can help with increasing calories. And if needed eating peanut butter out of a jar can be your bestie.