Tired of myself

AsadImran15
AsadImran15 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2021 in Getting Started
Hello everyone, As everyone else is stating I will also start by saying that I am also a Noob :p:D to fitness. Just came here to say hello and ask for some sincere suggestions on losing weight. Can't go to gym because of coronavirus :| . So need help from people in this community. Thanks for sincere advice in advance.
By the way may you all have a blessed and healthy year up ahead. Stay safe and try to be kinder than yesterday. <3

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hi there! What equipment, if any, do you have at home? And what does your current nutrition look like?

From there, I'm sure folks will chime in with some advice for you. There's also plenty of threads to search through too.
  • AsadImran15
    Don't have any equipment at home. I am trying to stay under 1600 calories per day. Most of my diet consists of chicken based food but trying to add in veggies recently.
    Thanks for your guidance.🙂
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Asadlmran15

Check this link and some of the topics recommended for people new to MFP. They may give you some guidance. Good luck and welcome to the community.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

These are posts that have been recommended by our community members to help you get started.

Fad Diets and general recommendations
    A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants
    Step by step guide to losing weight with MyFitnessPal
    So you're new here...
    Acronyms and Terms for New MFP Members v. 6
    In 5 weeks you'll lose 10lbs... why is it not working?
    Some thoughts on "Starting Over"
    Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?
    I like old posts and I cannot lie
    Gaining Weight During Pregnancy and Losing It Post-partum
    Exercise calories - Do I eat these? A video explanation.
    FREE Customized Personal Weight Loss Eating Plan! (Not Spam or MLM)
    WEIGHT LOSS Frequently Asked Questions: Infographic Answers
    You don't use a food scale?

• AsadImran15
    Thanks alot for you help.❤😍
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    You are welcome. I just edited my posting and added the MFP link. It will be easier for you to follow the other posts, and read them at your leisure.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @Gisel2015 has you started on the right path! Be sure to continue asking questions - in this thread or the ones mentioned above - along the way.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,156 Member
    It sounds like you have two goals. That's not bad, and they can be complementary.

One goal is fitness. There's so many options available. There's also aerobic fitness and strength which, while complimentary, require different approaches. If you are truly a "noob" to fitness, maybe start with something simple and easy like walking. Yeah. Walking. It's better than some people realize. It's a good start, and it gets you in the habit of doing something active. There's so many options beyond that; cycling, running, bodyweight exercise, paddling, climbing, weights, yoga..... Try as many as you can. Find what fits your style.

The other goal is weight loss. For that it's simple, but not easy. Create the calorie deficit. At 1600 calories per day as a goal, you'll probably be in deficit if you get out of your chair even just a few times per day. The best thing I can suggest is to measure your food as carefully as you can, and log it honestly. A scale is the best way, and you can get one for under twenty bucks. But most important is just to track what you eat. Be sure to track that exercise you do towards goal one because it also requires fuel, and that 1600 calories per day may go up if you expend more energy.

We can do this. You are among friends with similar goals and similar frustrations. You are not alone. Success awaits!
  • mbp2021
    mbp2021 Posts: 1 Member
    There is a lot of interesting stuff on You Tube for just about any kind of exercise that appeals to you; yoga, cardio, weight lifting, or like classes you might find at a gym.
  • AsadImran15
    Thanks mtaratoot for your insight and kind words of motivation <3
  • AsadImran15
    Thanks mbp2021 for the suggestion, I will check it out on youtube.