Getting back on the wagon

Options
I’ve been so off it since lockdown which has taken its toll on my gut so getting back into it by running which is something I haven’t done for years feel free to add me

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So many of us in the same boat! Running is great. What is you plan on the diet side of the equation?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,302 Member
    Options
    Running can be fun. Walking too. Do some of each if you like. Make sure you have good shoes, and start slow. Pay attention to your body and if something hurts, don't push it. I started running in 2020 after not doing it for a LONG time. Part was because the sports I like were cancelled. I'm not sure why I haven't been in a while, and maybe you'll inspire me to get those shoes back on and hit the trail!

Definitely want to be mindful of what you're eating too, and how much. That's where the weight loss battle is waged. At a minimum, track what you eat so you know where you're starting. Some people find that running makes them hungrier than it should, and they end up eating more than they want. How are you making sure to avoid that trap?
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back onto the boat! I'm dealing with a similar situation too. I fell off the boat hard in 2020.
    But it's a new year and its time to get back up!

Something i like is to be part of motivational groups. So i revitalized a group from 2016, and it's back for 2021.
    It's the "New Year's Eve 2021 Challenge" Group.

I'm going to work hard to set up
    monthly weigh ins
    sunday weekly challenges
    daily discussions,
    and some virtual events

if that sounds like something you'd enjoy doing, then please join!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115653-new-years-eve-2021-challenge