Lose 10 lbs in September Challenge

Options

Replies

• majikwon1961
    Options
    Went from 243.0 to 244.5 this week. Gained 1.5 lbs. Had my grandson and couldnt get anything done. This week I have to work extra hard and try to make it up.
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Starting weight was 220lbs
    Weigh in today was: 211lbs!!!!! w00t!!!! w00t!! :laugh:
    i'm sure most of this is water weight but i'll take it! lol

Going to try hard to get that extra calorie burn in! Since i'm lazy and just do my 30ds workout every morning and that's it!
    Will post a recipe later!
  • ptsutsui
    Options
    i think im a little too late for the september challenge !!! but would love to do it for October! im new to this so am looking forward to hearing from you.
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    Week 1 340, 2 pound loss. I suck.

I need to pick it up with my exercise which was non-existent this week. I absolutely have to get out and move around this weekend. My truck was broke down 3 days this week and I used that as an excuse to slack off.

No Surrender this week. I'm going to 4 lbs. If I have to go completely Vegan.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I need to pick it up with my exercise which was non-existent this week. I absolutely have to get out and move around this weekend. My truck was broke down 3 days this week and I used that as an excuse to slack off.

No Surrender this week. I'm going to 4 lbs. If I have to go completely Vegan.

If your truck is broken, walk! :drinker:
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    SW: 241

Week 1 (09/09/11): 237 (*4 pound loss*).

I am very, very happy (and a little surprised) w/ the loss considering in between weigh-ins; we had the Labor Day holiday and then my family was visiting from NY last weekend.

Keep up the great work and I hope everybody has a great weekend !!!!!

I feel the same way!!!! I went to Friendly's Friday night and then the Cheesecake Factory Saturday where I pigged out AGAIN! Then a barbeque on Monday where I had lots of bad food. BUT still came out with a 0.4 loss... Imagine if I would have eaten right??? I may have lost 4 pounds. No exercise either day the whole week either... wow I am impressed! Congrats to you!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Gained 1/2 lb..but that's not so bad considering we had two bdays and a holiday in the last week! Just gonna keep on going!!

So, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share what they will be doing for the 500 cal burns? I have only been using the treadmill, so any ideas are welcome!

Good luck everyone!
  • lkcurvy
    Options
    No loss for the week of 9/2-9/8 BUT... I gained 2.5 pounds over the Labor day weekend and I managed to lose all of it so I'm at my same start weight. If I had consciously made an effort to make good choices over the Labor day weekend, I would be 5 pounds down! It's ok though, I'm back and working hard.

By the way, does anyone know how many calories are burned when working out to Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred video? It's 27 minutes long and intense.

I'll share my favorite recipe later.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what time we weight in???

Time doesn't matter, but if you weigh in the morning, you'll most likely weigh less than if you weigh in the evening. As far as when you record it in the spreadsheet - just needs to be done by Sunday evening.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Can I join a week late?? I'm new to myfitnesspal, and I just learned about these challenges. I'm going to participate, if you don't mind, though I doubt I can do 10lbs in a little more than 3 weeks. We'll see!

Never too late to join! Just message me your starting weight and do the best you can!
  • Athena413
    Options
    -0.4 lbs this week... eehhh could be better, but it is in the right direction at least it was not a gain like it was every week last month lol! <
    oops...! SO 3,500 calories for the week huh? I'm in!! Thanks Jrdoty! This is the push I needed... I needed a specific caloric goal. I have been slacking with the exercise SO BAD lately it's ridiculous!

But weren't you only .2 lbs away from your first goal??!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Ok, something screwy is going on with my scale... no way I lost over 5 pounds this last week!!! Mind you, I was menstruating last week... maybe I should re-enter my starting weight to what it was BEFORE last Friday? That would make it more like 2 pounds... What do you think?

You were probably retaining water weight during your period, then when you went off the water came off as well. I personally would leave it be if you used the same scale each time.
  • Athena413
    Options
    i think im a little too late for the september challenge !!! but would love to do it for October! im new to this so am looking forward to hearing from you.

You're welcome to join for September - just message me your September 1st weight and I'll get you added to the spreadsheet.
  • Athena413
    Options

Dude! You don't suck! 2 lbs is 2 lbs!! If you can lose 2 without putting forth much effort, imagine what you can do if you actually try?!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for September 9: 178! 3 pounds lost! school started so I've been doing gym and biking to school. Also eating less (not starvation!)
    happy :D
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Down 3 pounds this week to 227! I have a new trainer at the gym and he has me on a slightly different diet. It's working apparently, but I am hungry lol. Let's hope I can keep it up. Good job so far everyone!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.2 pounds. Not too bad but would have liked to have lost more.

Everyone is doing so great! Keep up the good work!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! :smile: Well...Nothing lost nothing gained. I remained at 208 this week. Hopefully the exercise challenge will get my weight moving downward next week!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Down 1.2 lbs-yippee!

Time to get my water intake back up....been slacking. The 3500 challange will TRULY be a challenge for me. Shooting for 2 exercise classes this week that should help bring up the calorie burn....

Will post a Recipe later.

Keep up the good work everyone :smile:
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Down one pound from 158lbs to 157lbs. Started the C25K this week along with Ab Ripper X and circuit training on days I wasn't running. Drinking TONS of water too