My Introduction :)

Options
Usually, I'm not the type of person to type introductions, I'm way too shy haha. But I figured I'd give it a shot this time.

I'm from the amazing state of California looking to burn off a few pounds, and this site was recommended to me via Google. So far the experience has been incredible. I'm looking forward to continuing with myfitnesspal :)

Something I'm really passionate about is music. I play the guitar, uke, know a little piano, and also sing. I'm also looking to start coding music. Ever since my friend introduced me to it once, I'm hooked.

Last, but not least, anime! Some people claim it's for kids or whatever but I find it entertaining nonetheless. I finished Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul a few months ago and I'm in the middle of Hunter x Hunter (the Chimera Ant Arc on Crunchyroll). I could name a couple of others, including 7ds, aot, tpn, jjba, etc. but those two have to be my favorites.

Well, that's just about it. Thanks for reading through this :)

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! What method are you using to take off a few pounds?

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, glad you took the time to share a bit about yourself.

My other half watches a bit of anime and so does my brother, but it's not for me (I do watch quite a few animated series though, so can relate to the enterainment for kids things).

How much weight are you looking to shift?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to the MFP forums. I'm hella old school and love Ranma 1/2 yet Attack on Titan is beyond well done.

You'll find anime and music geeks in here as well as fitness buffs. Heck, all three attributes can be found in many an MFPer, I'm guessing.

Great intro, btw...so what's next for you as you leverage MFP?
  • whydoiexist12
    whydoiexist12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds by eating healthier foods (mostly with less fat), exercising more (running, walking, biking, etc.), and maybe drinking more water. I hope to lose at least 5 pounds by February.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My daughter was a massive anime fan. I have an extensive but rude set of Hobbit and Elf related fan-drawn manga myself, that are part of a collection of movie related items. Beautifully- and I do mean gorgeously- drawn yet mortally embarrassing to a “lady of a particular age”such as myself.

Welcome to MFP!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds by eating healthier foods (mostly with less fat), exercising more (running, walking, biking, etc.), and maybe drinking more water. I hope to lose at least 5 pounds by February.

Great sounds relatively sustainable, vanity weight can be slow going but stick with it. Don't cut dietary fat too low, you do need it for vitamin absorption and hormone production.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am aware of anime but that is about it. I am hopelessly unhip but I am okay with it.

I think it is interesting and telling that your introductory post had goals unrelated to weight in it. I believe that is a good thing. Some people throw some much "energy" at weight loss that when they realize how slow it happens they don't know what to do with themselves. Weight loss is a small part of the day and it results in a small loss. It is better to have other goals to occupy your time.

Welcome to MFP.
  • whydoiexist12
    Options

Great sounds relatively sustainable, vanity weight can be slow going but stick with it. Don't cut dietary fat too low, you do need it for vitamin absorption and hormone production.

Yup! I'm making sure to consume between 30-40 grams of fat per day.
  • whydoiexist12
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am aware of anime but that is about it. I am hopelessly unhip but I am okay with it.

I think it is interesting and telling that your introductory post had goals unrelated to weight in it. I believe that is a good thing. Some people throw some much "energy" at weight loss that when they realize how slow it happens they don't know what to do with themselves. Weight loss is a small part of the day and it results in a small loss. It is better to have other goals to occupy your time.

Welcome to MFP.

Thank you! And yes, the process of losing weight can be quite slow at times. Keeping myself occupied with other things can help me focus on something else rather than weight loss at every given moment.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I have just set up a Geeks of MFP group in recent days for some geek-related convos and fitness and health chats also if you're interested. Folks are little slow in joining but I am hoping to bolster the numbers with the forums being so active this time of year.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139294-geeks-of-mfp-🧙🏻%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F🧛🏻%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F🧚🏻%E2%80%8D-%EF%B8%8F