New Group for Women over 50

Options
bebeisfit
bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
I just created a new group and hope all you fabulous women over 50 will join me.

Go here to share tips n tricks, success stories, recipes or whatever is on your mind.

We have one rule. We must always be kind to one another.

The group name is Women over 50 Ready for 2021

Hope to see you there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021

Replies

• dkg6163
    dkg6163 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope way over 50 is acceptable. lol. But still trying.
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    dkg6163 wrote: »
    I hope way over 50 is acceptable. lol. But still trying.

Yes! Join us!
  • swan57
    swan57 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am just starting this again after being of for last 1 1/2 years due to illness. I am 63 yo. I have gone from 252 down to 159. I want to lose 14 more lbs. Would like to connect with others who need support. I am having a hard time restarting.
  • njmomma7422
    njmomma7422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi every one, I have Covid Curves and need to lose at least 30 pounds. Trying to go Keto and trying to figure out this app to do so. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  • pskd2
    pskd2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all really struggling to lose any weight since menopause started. Do calorie deficit and log on here but nothing. Lost 60lbs 12 years ago but slowly most of it is coming back on.
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    swan57 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am just starting this again after being of for last 1 1/2 years due to illness. I am 63 yo. I have gone from 252 down to 159. I want to lose 14 more lbs. Would like to connect with others who need support. I am having a hard time restarting.

Swan 57- I would love to pick your brain about this amazing accomplishment. I'm at the beginning of my journey 54 years old at 261pounds. I'm curious what you set your calories at, if you worked out, etc.. Just your basics. I lost good the first week, but only lost 1 pound the next week and I did the same thing. Thanks for any help..
  • BrackenBushka
    BrackenBushka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've only just discovered the community section, have no idea on adding friends or joining groups of inspired people. Have lost 14kg over the last 2.5 years and would like to be part of the whole but remain bemused 🤪.
  • bebeisfit
    Options
    Click on the link to join. Or go to the community section look for our group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021 [/quote]

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,427 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    kmg3614 wrote: »
    swan57 wrote: »

Swan 57- I would love to pick your brain about this amazing accomplishment. I'm at the beginning of my journey 54 years old at 261pounds. I'm curious what you set your calories at, if you worked out, etc.. Just your basics. I lost good the first week, but only lost 1 pound the next week and I did the same thing. Thanks for any help..

Hi, @kmg3614

I am 58 and have lost over ninety in the past two years.

In a nutshell, religious logging, accurate weighing, and keeping moving have proven successful for me.

It really does get easier with practice.

Someone has a thread around here titled “what have I learned today”. That’s really a good thought. What have you learned today, and how have you applied it?

It’s like the Oxford dictionary. It didn’t start out as a full book. It was one entry at a time!
  • cherishedmx
    cherishedmx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an issues that not everyone can identify with, I have Lost some weight in last two years, 35# it is creeping up since my doctor and dietitian have told me I need to increase sodium, protein and calories. Add to that, that I am a picky eater. Any suggestions as to foods that are high protein and high sodium? Thanks I am 72
  • springlering62
    Options
    Ham, deli meat (particularly a roast chicken or turkey)

You could do chicken breast, some cuts of pork tenderloin are very low cal, ditto for some Angus top round steak and roasts. You could use a high salt seasoning or marinade.

Hmmm maybe rotisserie chickens?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have an issues that not everyone can identify with, I have Lost some weight in last two years, 35# it is creeping up since my doctor and dietitian have told me I need to increase sodium, protein and calories. Add to that, that I am a picky eater. Any suggestions as to foods that are high protein and high sodium? Thanks I am 72

Lowfat cottage cheese is a great source of protein and high sodium.

Anything high protein (lean meat/fish) with a bit of salt added would be also. You could also try eating a pickle with higher protein foods.

If you also want cals and don't need to watch fat, full fat cottage cheese or higher fat cuts of meat (even something like chicken with the skin on or a fattier fish like salmon (although it's still not high cal)) would work.

Smoked salmon tends to be higher sodium, a decent source of protein, and to have more cals than non smoked salmon.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    I am going to enjoy myself tucking into yummy food before I get started again as already gained 2lbs.
    7kcw2dcl900c.jpg
  • Adiva1959
    Adiva1959 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, but I've 50. I'm 61, but l'm trying it again and really need some motivation to keep me going.
  • bebeisfit
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Adiva1959 wrote: »
    I would love to join, but I've 50. I'm 61, but l'm trying it again and really need some motivation to keep me going.

Join us! We are not not just 50 yr olds. Next year I'll be 60.
  • yorkshirepudding68
    Options
    Hi there - I have just joined - I think, LOL! I'm a lifelong yo yo dieter and have tried every "diet" invented. Just failed miserably with Keto - wasn't for me - so back to basics with calories, exercise and new determination. This is my year!! I'm 52 and hell it gets harder to get those pounds off doesn't it?! Just gone into lock down again in UK so can't blame eating out at the moment for falling off the wagon. Looking forward to getting to know some of you! x
  • springlering62
    Options
    @yorkshirepudding68 I’m 58 and have lost 90+ over the past two years. It’s totally doable, if you’re willing to commit, weigh carefully, log accurately, and commit to some kind of exercise or movement program.

You can still lose weight without excercise, but it speeds things along, gives you extra calories to enjoy, “tones” your body, helps with skin shrinkage, and may even build your confidence.

Have you entered your data and goal weight and gotten a calorie allowance yet?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1