2020: Not A Complete Waste

Options
2»

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My sanity has been the gym. I deadlifted 400 pounds (but couldn’t quite lock it out), and squatted 300 lbs. Every time I get mentally down, I head to the gym.

^^^ so much this! And lush lifts lady : )

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishments. It was nice to see this thread and I hope many others join in to share some good news stories from 2020.

I have a few
    1. Got my second hole in one, almost 20 yrs to the day of my first.
    2. I finally was able to do unassisted chin-ups / pullups.
    3. I used all the down time from the various lockdowns to teach myself Greek to an intermediate level. I can actually converse about everyday things now, pretty proud of myself for that!

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are AMAZING! I've never been able to bench that much so you're goals for me someday!

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    These are amazing stories. I haven't accomplished nearly as much as most of you but here's what i did last year.
    1. I lost 124 lbs. 497-373.
    2. I increased my walking from barely 1/2 mile to 3.9 miles every 3 days. i'm now looking at google maps to map out different routes around my area so i can start including hills.
    3. I was able to go to the zoo this year. it took me 4 trips to see the whole thing because of all of the hills, but i made it.
    4. I went from 2 blood pressure meds to none and my pressure is averaging 122/70.
    5. I was able to donate blood for the first time in almost 18 years. I had to stop because of cancer and couldn't start up again afterwards because of my weight. I can give again in a week.

I'm looking forward to see what i can do this year.

Wow! Absolutely Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!