Hello! New to the forum and looking for support

Options
Hello, I am 29 and been asked to lose 32kgs (currently 86kg). :| This is the heaviest I have ever been and really worried about the impact on my health and arthritis (in knees). :'(

Therefore your support will be greatly appreciated. <3

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    Well welcome aboard!

Yes, your knees will be able to tell the difference. I remember putting on some SCUBA weights and going for a walk to remember what it was like to carry some extra weight. My knees noticed even just in one short walk!

At 29, you are making some good decisions that will serve you for the rest of your long life.

So, you have a goal to lose 32Kg. That's a good goal. I hope you plan to take it slow and steady so it becomes a new permanent part of your lifestyle. Losing weight is simple, but it's not easy. Keeping it off.... same thing.

How do you plan to use MFP to achieve and maintain your goals? Do you have a plan yet? You can do this! It sounds like you want to, and that's a huge step. What's the next step?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! It's far better for you to start now at age 29 rather than waiting for your weight to have further consequences on your overall health. Here's a thread that might be of interest for you, to help get you going.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642346/weight-loss-frequently-asked-questions-infographic-answers/p1