Lose 10 lbs in September Challenge

Options

Replies

• sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Look at all these losses! Way to go everyone!! Congrats, well deserved.

I've updated the spreadsheet. I am yet again at 160.2...been here since 8/14 or so and it's getting kind of old!!! LOL It's ok, I didn't gain anything...and I feel great. AND...I bought size 10 pants this week! :-) all is good, screw the scale!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feeling really bad this week - tired and overwhelmed. I managed to maintain, but exercise has been on the back burner. - I go to the doc on Monday to see if my hormones are still out of whack. Really dragging. :(

Hopefully next week will be better!
  • crunchymnky
    Options
    hello,

im not where i am suppose to post our weigh in. sorry im new to this. my weigh in for today is 175.8. not really a gain or loss. just ate dinner. better luck next week. started a fittness plan that works for now. 20 min zumba, 30 min just dance. 30 min wii active and if im up for it maybe some treadmill.
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look at all these losses! Way to go everyone!! Congrats, well deserved.

I've updated the spreadsheet. I am yet again at 160.2...been here since 8/14 or so and it's getting kind of old!!! LOL It's ok, I didn't gain anything...and I feel great. AND...I bought size 10 pants this week! :-) all is good, screw the scale!

LOL. That will be the quote of the week: "SCREW THE SCALE." Love it!
  • KimberlyBryant
    KimberlyBryant Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly i am ok with my weight loss this week. Whole family in town for a week long family reunion and still lost weight. I will take it! next week i will kick butt and lose my 2 lbs.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I need to do this! Count me in, and please keep me accountable!
  • obstacleone
    Options
    My Starting weight for September was 286, and this morning I weighed in at 279.6 This is my first real week of trying to lose weight so I am aware it's rather high but I am pretty excited about this as well. I messaged about getting added to the challenge. this is so awesome I love seeing all the support from everyone.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Omg you all are so awesome!!! :DD Every single one of you are truly an inspiration and seeing all of this amazing weight loss pushes me to continue each day. Keep up the amazing losses, we can all do this!!! Great job and huge congrats to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Bunn11
    Bunn11 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    only down 0.6lb :ohwell: -but did manage to recover from my 'holiday blip' so (feels) like 4.6 lol! -Will try extra hard this week as want to reach my 1st mini goal before my birthday next week....
  • obstacleone
    Options
    only down 0.6lb :ohwell: -but did manage to recover from my 'holiday blip' so (feels) like 4.6 lol! -Will try extra hard this week as want to reach my 1st mini goal before my birthday next week....

Whats the minigoal you are trying to obtain?
    I know you can do it!
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I took a few days because my tendon was really sore in the back of my leg. I'll be sure to stretch it out. Looks like I've gained 2lbs of muscle :( Not sure if I should update it myself on the google spreadsheet or message the OP?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to all the losers. There are alot of big losses this week. We are doing great keep up the good work.

here is a great recipe. YUM. I love it

Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps:
    Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
    Original recipe by Under the High Chair

Marinade:
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 tsp sugar
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp rice vinegar
    1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
    Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
    1 lb flank steak, cut against grain into thin slices

Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then mix well. Slice the steak, against the grain, into thin strips. Place the steak into the marinade and mix until the meat is evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.

Korean Barbecue Dipping Sauce:
    1/2 tsp sugar
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice vinegar
    1/2 tsp sriracha chile sauce (more if you want it spicy)
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp green onion
    1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp water

Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Set aside to let the flavors mingle.

Other ingredients:
    Butter lettuce leaves
    Shredded carrot
    Green onion, chopped
    Brown rice, cooked per instructions

Cook the rice per instructions. Once the rice is cooked it's time to cook the beef.

Heat 1/2 tbsp of canola oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Once the pan is HOT add half of the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and put into a serving dish. Coat the skillet with another 1/2 tbsp of canola oil and add the remaining beef once the pan is HOT again. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.

For serving, place a bit of rice in a lettuce leaf followed by beef, carrots, and green onions. Drizzle a bit of the dipping sauce on top then fold and eat. Make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand because these are messy. Enjoy.
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    is it to late for me to join!! :) i could probably lose 6 lbs before october!! xoxo!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    CONGRATS to all the losers. There are alot of big losses this week. We are doing great keep up the good work.

here is a great recipe. YUM. I love it

Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps:
    Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
    Original recipe by Under the High Chair

Marinade:
    1 tsp sugar
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1 tsp rice vinegar
    1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
    Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
    1 lb flank steak, cut against grain into thin slices

Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then mix well. Slice the steak, against the grain, into thin strips. Place the steak into the marinade and mix until the meat is evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.

Korean Barbecue Dipping Sauce:
    1/2 tsp sugar
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp rice vinegar
    1/2 tsp sriracha chile sauce (more if you want it spicy)
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp green onion
    1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp water

Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Set aside to let the flavors mingle.

Other ingredients:
    Butter lettuce leaves
    Shredded carrot
    Green onion, chopped
    Brown rice, cooked per instructions

Cook the rice per instructions. Once the rice is cooked it's time to cook the beef.

Heat 1/2 tbsp of canola oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Once the pan is HOT add half of the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and put into a serving dish. Coat the skillet with another 1/2 tbsp of canola oil and add the remaining beef once the pan is HOT again. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.

For serving, place a bit of rice in a lettuce leaf followed by beef, carrots, and green onions. Drizzle a bit of the dipping sauce on top then fold and eat. Make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand because these are messy. Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing!!! This looks so tasty :happy:
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For all the folks that have lost more than one pound this week, are you doing something different as a result of this challenge?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Those of you that posted your weight here in the thread - did you also either send me a message or update the spreadsheet? I don't want anyone left out!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    I took a few days because my tendon was really sore in the back of my leg. I'll be sure to stretch it out. Looks like I've gained 2lbs of muscle :( Not sure if I should update it myself on the google spreadsheet or message the OP?

Either way is fine - you can update it yourself or send me a message. If you're comfortable with spreadsheets, updating it yourself is the easiest way.
  • Athena413
    Options
    In case you're curious - of the 721 people on the spreadsheet, I've had 126 people update their weight with a combined loss of 215.2 lbs in just the first week!!!!!

So far our top losers are as follows:

Amandalovesfood89.....-9.0
    ash_nichole0608...........-6.6
    obstacleone....................-6.4
    lee155..............................-6.0
    James10208..................-5.8
    zumbawhit.......................-5.2
    sheppeyescapee...........-5.0

Keep up the great work everyone, and keep those updates coming!

Remember - If I do not have a starting weight for you by TOMORROW, you will be removed from the spreadsheet. Also, if you miss 2 consecutive weigh ins you will be removed.
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Woo 3rd place!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Woo 3rd place!

*like*

(that's my version of facebook's like button!) :tongue: