New Year, New Irony

Options
Hope your new year got off on the right foot! Hilariously enough, one day into 2021 I broke my pinky toe... on the right foot. To add to this hilarity, the immovable object I slammed into was a dumbbell.

Guess for a while I'll be focusing on exercises that don't include standing up. If you know of any good YouTube workouts that somehow work lower body without putting pressure on your feet, please let me know! <3

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oh dear ☹️ Well there are seated exercise videos that you can do with those same dumbbells. Here's a few...

Routines
    https://youtu.be/a-y3ZQV_iyo
    https://youtu.be/40tHkXQno0w

Basics
    https://youtu.be/lVsfD1ouq1s

• VegeKelly
    VegeKelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!! I'm especially excited for any workout video with "senior" in the title.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,494 Member
    Options
    Google mat Pilates (core) and yin yoga (long stretch holds)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,218 Member
    Options
    VegeKelly wrote: »
    Awesome, thank you!! I'm especially excited for any workout video with "senior" in the title.

There are also some wheelchair workouts on YouTube that are seriously intense, if you need that. I can't give you a specific link, but I've noticed some in passing. Actual wheelchair athletes are a tough bunch.

Best wishes for fast healing!
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen in November (although mine was a slip on the stairs). I used YouTube and found videos for wheelchair users or for a leg/ankle brace that were quite useful.

For such a seemingly small injury it can don a lot of damage to activity levels. Just be careful to stay off it as much as possible whilst it heals, don't overdo it!
  • VegeKelly
    VegeKelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    VegeKelly wrote: »

There are also some wheelchair workouts on YouTube that are seriously intense, if you need that. I can't give you a specific link, but I've noticed some in passing. Actual wheelchair athletes are a tough bunch.

Best wishes for fast healing!

Yes, they are!! My little nephew is in a chair and is a hard core athlete. His arms are beautiful.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Eek! Ive manager to break four different toes on four different occasions. Hurts like the dickens! I find using medical tape to "buddy-tape" to the next to helps stabilize it and makes it less likely I'll re-injure a broken to during the healing process. As for workouts, try some hatha yoga you can do barefoot (athletic shoes pinched my bruised and swollen tootsies something awful!)
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Ouch! Hope it heals quickly. Honestly, that sounds like something I'd do. I slammed the end of my little finger into the end of barbell while changing plates. I felt it crack and it hurt so badly I cursed out loud at the gym. I thought to myself that only I would hurt myself pinky while changing the weight plates!
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    What a coincidence. I broke my toe several years ago the same way. Despite the pain, I was happy that it gave me my first day off between college and my retail job in 3/4 months. I threw on some Converse shoes, laced them up tight so my toe wouldn’t move, and lived it up those couple of days.

Needless to say, I do not recommend doing that. :lol:

Hope you feel better soon!