Shakeology Question and Honest Answer

13»

Replies

• GRILLZGIRL
    GRILLZGIRL Posts: 32 Member
    What "superfoods"? Can you name a superfood please?
  • fitandfabwithbecky
    fitandfabwithbecky Posts: 2 Member
    My take on shakeology is:

1. It is all natural and gives me a nutritious breakfast.
    2. Never let someone pressure you into buying it. If you've researched it and feel like it would be a good fit for you, I recommend buying it. You can always return it within 30 days(even if your bag is empty).
    3. Being mindful of your portions and exercising are your best options for weight loss which is why MFP is a great tool.

Ultimately, you have to do what you feel is the best choice for your particular health. I have had friends who drank shakeology, lost weight and didn't gain it back. I think the biggest reason for that was that they portioned their foods and got in some activity 3-4 times a week. But taking a leap of losing weight can be scary so if drinking a shake in the morning helps you with this, go for it.

I'm sorry you feel pressured by your friend. :(

Good luck!!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Walmart sells cheap protein powder, you'd save so much money just getting that if you need to supplement protein. I'd rather eat food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Im also a coach like JenBrown... I personally love the stuff, my parents really dont like it so much, so to each his own... but no there arent any side effects. the product is all natural and is just like as if you were eating food, just in a drink form. I really love shakeology and think that it did help me lose a lot of weight, since i didnt use it the entire time i did my first round of p90x, when i was drinking it i saw better results... that was my personal experience and that of a lot of people involved with beachbody programs.

I know there are a lot of Shakeology haters out there, but dont let other people influence your decision... its your health not theirs. you sound like youve done your research, so if you think its right for you try it... if it doesnt work you get your money back, no big deal...

Shakeology has nothing to do with health.....
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Does anyone realize how old this post is?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Does anyone realize how old this post is?

And the fact that, for some reason, it's been brought back more than once?
  • brookeahoward
    brookeahoward Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,

I know this is a very old thread but I have been scouring the internet trying to find some answers and came upon this. I drank shakeology and was a beach body coach for about 8 years. I still use beach body workouts and love them. I started with regular shakeology and switched to the vegan because of stomach issues. This year i decided i didn't want to drink shakes anymore so i quit drinking them. Now i have horrible digestive issues and have to go to a doctor to find out what is causing them. I'm guessing there was something in shakeology that was aiding in my digestion and was really good for me, but because there are a million ingredients i cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. I don't want to be addicted to anything, especially not a "superfood shake."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hi,

I know this is a very old thread but I have been scouring the internet trying to find some answers and came upon this. I drank shakeology and was a beach body coach for about 8 years. I still use beach body workouts and love them. I started with regular shakeology and switched to the vegan because of stomach issues. This year i decided i didn't want to drink shakes anymore so i quit drinking them. Now i have horrible digestive issues and have to go to a doctor to find out what is causing them. I'm guessing there was something in shakeology that was aiding in my digestion and was really good for me, but because there are a million ingredients i cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. I don't want to be addicted to anything, especially not a "superfood shake."
    Enzymes are what help break down food. Maybe look into an enzyme supplement along with your food and see if helps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png