Shakeology Question and Honest Answer

Options
I've been searching the web up and down about Shakeology. I know about the taste, the high price, and the immediate results. But I can not find anywhere about what happens when you STOP using Shakeology. I love the fact the program teaches you how to eat a balanced meal while using the shake replacement with 1 meal but what if I want solid breakfast lunch and dinner on some days? You see it all the time, people losing tons of weight because the diet called to cut out a food group but once they introduce it back into their diet, all the pounds comes back. I read some amazon reviews that its all about how you view this program. It is not a quick fix and you have to work hard to see results. I lost 70lbs after having my 1st child on my own so I know about determination and commitment. But now after having my 2nd child and now that I'm older, its hard even with doing the same routine I did last time. I'm trying to be open minded and not assume this program like the others. Its hard to do that when I can't find one review of someone's results after quitting the program after they reached their goal. Not 1. Most of the reviews is from people who still uses it to maintain their new weight. I do not want to have to relay on shakes for years in order to maintain a healthy weight.

My question to people who stopped using Shakeology after achieving their goal:
1) Have you gained the weight back?

2) Are there any side effects after you quit drinking the shakes

3) and any other honest information

. I have a friend who is a coach but she's starting to become pushy so I rather hear experiences from people who isn't making money from the company.

Thank you all!

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    2) Are there any side effects after you quit drinking the shakes

Yes, you gain weight due to having all that extra cash in your wallet, due to not spending it on overpriced garbage like shakeo, thus making you heavier

Lol!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach for the discount. I don't try to sell Shakeology. I drink Shakeology because let's say I don't have time for breakfast. I go to Dunkin and spen 5 or 6 bucks and have an unhealthy breakfast. Or I take about a minute and make my Shakeology which comes out to about $4.00. It's much healthier. I usually have mine for breakfast Mondsy through Friday. Then on the weekends when I have time I make my own breakfast. As long as you understand portion control and don't go back to eating unhealthy you will not gain weight when you stop drinking Shakeology.

I look at it as a tool. I don't need my heart rate monitor to lose weight. It helps me. I have the same mindset around Shakeology.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I tried shakeology when I was doing insanity and didn't notice any difference because of it! I would have rather ate the food!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you've joined this site to keep track of you're calorie intake and for support, then you don't need those shakes. Use the tools on this site to figure out how many calories you should consume a day and workout. Have a nice calorie deficit and stop spending (wasting) your money on that stuff. I know Shakeology has a lot of fans, but if it was halfway reputable and really wanted to help you long term, it would offer some healthy eating habits, as I can't imagine that they expect someone to keep drinking their shakes for the next 30-40 years.

Also, I assume that you're a member of Beach Body. Whether you made this 'friend' before you joined and they ended up becoming your coach, or they reached out to you after you joined...they aren't as much your friend anymore than you are a client and they are there to make money. I personally could not be 'friends' with someone that depended on me spending money on what their selling.

Either way, good luck (and dump the Shakeology!!) :flowerforyou:

(NO OFFENSE TO ANY BEACH BODY SHAKEOLOGY SELLERS! I'M ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE SHE FEELS PRESSURED)
  • aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach for the discount. I don't try to sell Shakeology. I drink Shakeology because let's say I don't have time for breakfast. I go to Dunkin and spen 5 or 6 bucks and have an unhealthy breakfast. Or I take about a minute and make my Shakeology which comes out to about $4.00. It's much healthier. I usually have mine for breakfast Mondsy through Friday. Then on the weekends when I have time I make my own breakfast. As long as you understand portion control and don't go back to eating unhealthy you will not gain weight when you stop drinking Shakeology.

I look at it as a tool. I don't need my heart rate monitor to lose weight. It helps me. I have the same mindset around Shakeology.

THIS! I am a discount coach also... its all about preference I think... You don't need it to lose weight... I stopped drinking it for about 4 months and didn't gain a lb back. I felt "off" becuase its my source of a multivitamin if you will and it fills me up in the mornings.

But don't let someone push you into anything... that just sucks.
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To each is their own and all adults can make their own informed decisions. Kudos for checking the "stuff" out and doing some research. I will give you my honest take on it .... I ordered in a challenge pack and it was for three months. Did it taste wonderful? No but I've had worse. As one month progressed to two my "issues" slowly got worse. Gastrointestinal issues. My hubby and children did not wanna be around me. And I was afraid to be away from the bathroom much. I didn't put two and two together until the end of month two. I stopped drinking it. Issues were gone next day. Went a week, no problems. Started again, next day it was back. I never finished the third bag. I think aboit the money .. in it and TP that I could have saved. Honestly, I never looked back. I use the $ to purchase good quality food for my entire family.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im also a coach like JenBrown... I personally love the stuff, my parents really dont like it so much, so to each his own... but no there arent any side effects. the product is all natural and is just like as if you were eating food, just in a drink form. I really love shakeology and think that it did help me lose a lot of weight, since i didnt use it the entire time i did my first round of p90x, when i was drinking it i saw better results... that was my personal experience and that of a lot of people involved with beachbody programs.

I know there are a lot of Shakeology haters out there, but dont let other people influence your decision... its your health not theirs. you sound like youve done your research, so if you think its right for you try it... if it doesnt work you get your money back, no big deal...
  • WiebeMum
    WiebeMum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I've been working out with BB products and drinking Shakeology a few times a week since April. I eat 6 meals a day and use it as one of my meals (plus fresh veggies if I still need something else). I agree with everyone who commented on lowering calories or increasing excersise to lose weight, but I also agree with the post saying it is a quick meal with great vitamins/nutrients/etc. I do notice an increased level of energy (in the afternoons, which have always been tough for me), on the days with Shakeology as one of my morning meals.

It isn't the silver bullet, just one option, like a heart rate monitor or fitbit or expensive set of workout clothes.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have not tried the Shakeology but, I am sure it's no different than the thousands of other supplement that are out there.

I've probably spent a good $5,000 dollars on supplement in my lifetime. Basically, it didn't do anything. Maybe a placebo effect since I'm so gullible.

Just eat real food. Losing weight is Calories in vs Calories out. Protein shakes can be worked into your diet but, does not add any benefits to real food.

The only supplement I would recommend are:

Fish Oil (brand that are high in EPA/DHA)
    Multi-Vitamin
  • neverquit33
    neverquit33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you've joined this site to keep track of you're calorie intake and for support, then you don't need those shakes. Use the tools on this site to figure out how many calories you should consume a day and workout. Have a nice calorie deficit and stop spending (wasting) your money on that stuff. I know Shakeology has a lot of fans, but if it was halfway reputable and really wanted to help you long term, it would offer some healthy eating habits, as I can't imagine that they expect someone to keep drinking their shakes for the next 30-40 years.

Also, I assume that you're a member of Beach Body. Whether you made this 'friend' before you joined and they ended up becoming your coach, or they reached out to you after you joined...they aren't as much your friend anymore than you are a client and they are there to make money. I personally could not be 'friends' with someone that depended on me spending money on what their selling.

Either way, good luck (and dump the Shakeology!!) :flowerforyou:

(NO OFFENSE TO ANY BEACH BODY SHAKEOLOGY SELLERS! I'M ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE SHE FEELS PRESSURED)

Exactly. I never want to depend on some shakes years from now. Journalizing helped me lose 70lbs before but thought just maybe there was something else to this program since I keep hearing about it. And I'm always want to keep an open mind to try new things.

No, I am not a Beachbody member. My friend was my co worker ago and we found each other on facebook. :)
  • neverquit33
    Options
    My friend turned, coach only mention joining her team when she reads my FB post when I mention my weight loss journey. I recently reached out to her thinking I will get an honest answer of her experience with the program but instead she went into full sales pitch mode. smh

I'm all about just eating sensibly and it has worked in the past. It just felt like maybe I was being too close minded.

Thank you for all for sharing your experience. I'm just gonna keep on doing what i'm doing because it is working, slowly, but working. And I know I can maintain in eating clean in my 50's and 60's and keep $120/ month in my pocket.
  • neverquit33
    Options
    **edited post
  • neverquit33
    Options

That's awesome. I like hearing how you use it because you have a busy schedule and its a better alternative than say Starbucks. You make it work for you. I will be working soon, woo-hooo, and will need to start making morning shakes with using my protein powder I already have on hand. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First off I am not a coach and never will be, not even for the discount. I use the shakes as I would any healthy food; as part of a balanced diet and not as part of some "program" where I have to consume them every day as a meal replacement. I find that it fills me up much better than shakes made with regular protein powder, for the same amount of calories. Also, in my opinion, it tastes much better.

I don't use it as a meal replacement because I like to eat actual food; I drink it most days as my afternoon snack when I am starting to get a little low on energy. I tend to crave sweets in the afternoon and the taste of it is sweet enough that it satisfies my sweet tooth without making me want more. In this way, it helps me maintain a healthy weight, but it's not because it is somehow superior to any other healthy food. It's just that it fills my need for something a little sweeter, if that makes sense. I don't even drink it every single day. It's fairly pricey and if I wasn't in a good place financially I probably wouldn't buy it, but I do like having it as an option when I want something sweet.

This may not have exactly answered your question but hopefully something in my rambling post was useful to you :)
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

That's awesome. I like hearing how you use it because you have a busy schedule and its a better alternative than say Starbucks. You make it work for you. I will be working soon, woo-hooo, and will need to start making morning shakes with using my protein powder I already have on hand. Thank you for sharing. :)

That is exactly why I use it! I'm a full time working mom of two! I have to be out the door by 7AM Monday through Friday! I would love to cook a well balanced breakfast every morning. It just doesn't happen! To each their own! There is the bottom of the bag guarantee. You can return it even if the bag is empty. I am now on my third bag. There are Shakeology haters out there. It works for me. That is what matters! Do what works for you!
  • neverquit33
    Options
    First off I am not a coach and never will be, not even for the discount. I use the shakes as I would any healthy food; as part of a balanced diet and not as part of some "program" where I have to consume them every day as a meal replacement. I find that it fills me up much better than shakes made with regular protein powder, for the same amount of calories. Also, in my opinion, it tastes much better.

I don't use it as a meal replacement because I like to eat actual food; I drink it most days as my afternoon snack when I am starting to get a little low on energy. I tend to crave sweets in the afternoon and the taste of it is sweet enough that it satisfies my sweet tooth without making me want more. In this way, it helps me maintain a healthy weight, but it's not because it is somehow superior to any other healthy food. It's just that it fills my need for something a little sweeter, if that makes sense. I don't even drink it every single day. It's fairly pricey and if I wasn't in a good place financially I probably wouldn't buy it, but I do like having it as an option when I want something sweet.

This may not have exactly answered your question but hopefully something in my rambling post was useful to you :)

on no, i love your answer! this is exactly what I wanted to see. how other people use it to there advantage. I too have problems with giving in to cravings and would want to find a better alternative. I'm probably going to just drink the protein shakes I have for now thought. thank you so much for sharing your experience. :)
  • neverquit33
    Options

That is exactly why I use it! I'm a full time working mom of two! I have to be out the door by 7AM Monday through Friday! I would love to cook a well balanced breakfast every morning. It just doesn't happen! To each their own! There is the bottom of the bag guarantee. You can return it even if the bag is empty. I am now on my third bag. There are Shakeology haters out there. It works for me. That is what matters! Do what works for you!

i sure will. I start my new job next week and know its gonna be a big adjustment from getting up at our own leisure to rushing out the door. I'll probably just gonna use my protein shakes i bought for now and maybe later down the road see how I feel about it then. love your honest answer to this :)