Shakeology Question and Honest Answer

Replies

• allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    I've been drinking the chocolate vegan shakeology for lunch most days for the past couple of weeks. I'm a vegan and I feel that this is helping up the protein and vitamins that I may be lacking. I add peanut butter and frozen fruit and it's delicious. I look forward to it every day. It fills me up and I'm not hungry for hours. Is it helping me lose weight? I think it is helping me reduce my carbs and have a better day overall.
  • neverquit33
    neverquit33 Posts: 52 Member
    I wasn't a member of beachbody. this was a freind from a old job who lost tons of weight and now a coach so she wanted me to join. I never believed in those things but now it seems like everyone is doing it, seeing results, and hasn't gained the weight back. I for one, can not afford that shake but I wanted to know your opinon on it. I hate to be closed minded and wanted other opinon This post is so old but now that a year has gone by, I still haven't bought into it. It's just not for me.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    I have a friend who is a coach but she's starting to become pushy so I rather hear experiences from people who isn't making money from the company.

Your friend is probably being pushy because it is virtually impossible to make money (or even break even) in a multi-level marketing scheme like Shakeology. If you care about your friend, please don't enable her involvement in this "business" by supporting it financially.

Shakeology, like other multi-level marketing schemes, recruits distributors through deceptive practices. The vast majority of distributors LOSE money in MLM; they are set up to fail. Please don't support these schemes by giving them your money.

(Note that my problem with Shakeology and similar products has literally nothing to do with whether or not they "work." There are plenty of ways to lose weight without rewarding these predatory MLM companies.)

Ugh, why did I reply to a zombie thread?! I can't figure out how they end up back on the main page years later. Sorry guys, didn't check the date. :) Oops.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Ugh, why did I reply to a zombie thread?! I can't figure out how they end up back on the main page years later. Sorry guys, didn't check the date. :) Oops.

It's not you, neverquit33 bumped it. People come in, use the search function (good for them, and hurray), but then they don't notice the thread is stale and post in it, and voila. BRAAAAAINSSSS.
  • neverquit33
    neverquit33 Posts: 52 Member
    it's all good! :)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    That was a year ago-- Update us! Did you kick the shakes or are you still putting someone at Beachbody's kid through college?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    That was a year ago-- Update us! Did you kick the shakes or are you still putting someone at Beachbody's kid through college?

You must not have read the thread...she never bought Shakeology...and she revived the thread a year later to update.

I also doubt that too many of the "coaches" make enough money to send a kid to college...at least not at the bottom of the totem pole.

...and no...I don't do shakes...not even ones that I make at home...

There is something troubling about drinking 4 or 5 hundred calories when I could have just eaten a good sized meal. By the time you add peanut butter...banana...milk...etc etc...the calories add up.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    If you've joined this site to keep track of you're calorie intake and for support, then you don't need those shakes. Use the tools on this site to figure out how many calories you should consume a day and workout. Have a nice calorie deficit and stop spending (wasting) your money on that stuff. I know Shakeology has a lot of fans, but if it was halfway reputable and really wanted to help you long term, it would offer some healthy eating habits, as I can't imagine that they expect someone to keep drinking their shakes for the next 30-40 years.

Also, I assume that you're a member of Beach Body. Whether you made this 'friend' before you joined and they ended up becoming your coach, or they reached out to you after you joined...they aren't as much your friend anymore than you are a client and they are there to make money. I personally could not be 'friends' with someone that depended on me spending money on what their selling.

Either way, good luck (and dump the Shakeology!!) :flowerforyou:

(NO OFFENSE TO ANY BEACH BODY SHAKEOLOGY SELLERS! I'M ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE SHE FEELS PRESSURED)

I agree 100% with this. It's just glorified (and very expensive...) protein powder.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    It is a diet created by a company out to make money.... Keep your cash in your pocket and learn to make wise food choices, that is the only successful and sustainable way to lose weight and keep it off....

Diets don't work.... healthy eating and exercise does xXx
  • mg1123
    mg1123 Posts: 69 Member
    I know this is a revived old thread, but I figured I'd provide some feedback for other people who might also be thinking about it.

I was a "coach" for a while. Less about the shakeology than it was about discounts on the workout programs, of which I have several and love. If you get them all up front and then cancel, then I'm sure it really pays off for you. If you pay the coaches fee + the shakeology every month, then you're better off buying them at full price, or used off someone who tried and didn't like it.

I *thought* shakeology was working for me. I was using it to replace a meal a day, and it seemed ok. I was using almond milk with it, and when the vegan shakes came out, I tried it but hated the flavor.

When I decided to do an elimination diet to narrow down my food sensitivities, I had tapered off and stopped using shakeology (plus I'd cancelled being a coach, mostly because of the cost of shakeology, so I knew I wouldn't be getting more). What I discovered is that I have allergy symptoms to dairy. I am still completing all the re-introduction challenges, and so far it's dairy and peanuts that I am sensitive to, but the dairy was a biggee - massive amounts of phlegm produced. Regular shakeology has whey protein, and I'd been drinking it for a long time. Given that I had pneumonia twice in the last year, I'm thinking I made myself more susceptible by the continuous influx of whey. Since I have eliminated dairy (and shakeology), I have only had to use flonase once (during the dairy challenge) in the past month.

My daughter, on the other hand, had no problems with shakeology. However, I sent her a container of the IdealShape shake, and she liked the flavor much better, and found it easier to blend.
  • awoodfell1117
    awoodfell1117 Posts: 22 Member
    First off, Shakeology isn't going to make you lose weight. You can eat food & lose weight...it's cheaper and tastes better. Just eat at a deficit. I'm sorry to hear you have a friend harassing you to buy this stuff, that sucks!

Actually Shakeology does help you lose weight. People have lost 40+ pounds while on shakeology.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    First off, Shakeology isn't going to make you lose weight. You can eat food & lose weight...it's cheaper and tastes better. Just eat at a deficit. I'm sorry to hear you have a friend harassing you to buy this stuff, that sucks!

Actually Shakeology does help you lose weight. People have lost 40+ pounds while on shakeology.

h976DC32E
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member

But it's DIRECTLY because they cut calories. If one did the same with food, the results would be the same. People have lost 100lbs of pounds on the Biggest Loser too, but it's not a diet or exercise program I would advise they attempt just because of perceived results for a short period.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pgbilotto
    pgbilotto Posts: 1
    I found this thread very interesting. I came across it because I was researching Shakeology. I make a shake for breakfast every morning using spinach, almond milk, banana, peanut butter, and cocoa powder. A bunch of my friends have been using Shakeology (and coaching) so I wondered if there was any real reason to try the stuff, or if my current morning shake is just as good. This thread definitely has helped me to decide not to spend my money. I'm not actively "dieting", but I do have PCOS, so I had heard something (again from a coach) about shakeology being good for that.
  • Hello!

I hope this post helps you. I was recently browsing to see if I would find what the effects of not taking shakeO are, and came across this post. I have been drinking ShakeO since May 4th. My cholesterol was high, my weight hit an all-time high, and needed to do something. I spent the money on the starter kit for ShakeO and 21 Day Fix. I could've bought a cheaper protein shake, but wanted to try something new. I am extremely lazy and gave up on the videos, but I would not discredit them. They are definitely do-able and only 30 min. I just can't find the discipline to stick to the workouts. I have, however, done a minimum of 45 minutes of treadmill/elliptical in the morning before breakfast almost everyday for the last 4.5 months. I was weighing 190.2 and now weigh 144.4. I can't attribute my weight loss to the 21 Day Fix because again, I didn't do the videos consistently. I do however attribute my success to a well balanced diet and limiting the cheat meals to maybe once a month. As far as the shakes, I love the taste. What seperates the shakes from other protein powders I have tried (e.g. Isopure, Isoflex - both lean powders -, Dymatize) is how much vitamins and other crap our body needs ShakeO contains. It also makes you feel full and there are a million different ways you can prepare it. I have not yet stopped taking the shakes. I was thinking of doing so because of the cost; it is way too expensive. My personal opinion is, if you can afford it, try it. I see it as a powder and nothing else and if it's truly made of natural "stuff" don't see why there would be any side effects if you come off of it, so long as you continue to eat healthy.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello!

I hope this post helps you. I was recently browsing to see if I would find what the effects of not taking shakeO are, and came across this post. I have been drinking ShakeO since May 4th. My cholesterol was high, my weight hit an all-time high, and needed to do something. I spent the money on the starter kit for ShakeO and 21 Day Fix. I could've bought a cheaper protein shake, but wanted to try something new. I am extremely lazy and gave up on the videos, but I would not discredit them. They are definitely do-able and only 30 min. I just can't find the discipline to stick to the workouts. I have, however, done a minimum of 45 minutes of treadmill/elliptical in the morning before breakfast almost everyday for the last 4.5 months. I was weighing 190.2 and now weigh 144.4. I can't attribute my weight loss to the 21 Day Fix because again, I didn't do the videos consistently. I do however attribute my success to a well balanced diet and limiting the cheat meals to maybe once a month. As far as the shakes, I love the taste. What seperates the shakes from other protein powders I have tried (e.g. Isopure, Isoflex - both lean powders -, Dymatize) is how much vitamins and other crap our body needs ShakeO contains. It also makes you feel full and there are a million different ways you can prepare it. I have not yet stopped taking the shakes. I was thinking of doing so because of the cost; it is way too expensive. My personal opinion is, if you can afford it, try it. I see it as a powder and nothing else and if it's truly made of natural "stuff" don't see why there would be any side effects if you come off of it, so long as you continue to eat healthy.

strong first post.
    *golf clap*
    but seriously, if you want to tout the benefits of this stuff, why revive a year old thread.... why not just start your own?
  • lizkokkonen
    lizkokkonen Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    I was not consistent with my shakeology over the holidays.. In fact I skipped drinking it for 3 weeks straight. What I have noticed is not so much my weight since I have been consistent with training regularly and Shakeology for over one year now.. What has changed is my nails are now supper brittle instead of being strong and long. Shakeology is so much more then a protein shake.. It has all these superfoods in it. I am one of those that took forever to decide to drink it. I hate to be pressured into things. I never had good nails before starting it and now I am back to having brittle nails again. I eat all organic foods and live a healthy lifestyle so if I could get the nutrients I needed I would through my food but obviously Shakeology fills my body with the good stuff it needs to function at it's best. So to answer you question is there a side effect to stopping? I would say yes... in my case. Now that I am back to my schedule it's gonna be shakeology everyday for me from now on.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Shakeology is so much more then a protein shake.. It has all these superfoods in it.

lol.

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Shakeology is so much more then a protein shake.. It has all these superfoods in it.

lol.

lol x2