Is it possible to lose 5st healthily in 7 months? and if so any tips?

Options
Hi Everyone
I'm getting back to healthy eating again and going for my goal
which is 12 stone, down 5 st from current weight of 17st (5ft 11") by end of July.

I would appreciate peoples insights, I'm going to aim for this goal for don't know how realistic it is.
Wanted to ask people if they think this is doable in a healthy way,
if they have any personal experience of that much weight loss in that time frame
and any tips for doing so.

Grateful for any comments and opinions- tried many diets, method I'm using this time by CICO and exercise
All the best for 2021 everyone :-)
P.s 39 and F (just to make it easier;-P)

Replies

• Noodlesprout
    Noodlesprout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70lb in 7 months with quite reasonable strict eating. It can be done.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Great responses so far, especially Ann's.

I expect losing 70 pounds in 7 months is a different story if say you were starting from 140 pounds overweight, but you're not.

Good luck! And please just use pounds in the future. It saves everyone else having to work out the actual numbers.
  • bubus05
    bubus05 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A theoretical question and in theory it is probably possible to lose that weight in that time, but the question is should you. I have lost 5 st in ten months, but I was using extreme measures well outside of comfort zone. From paleo, keto to IF, 36-48 hour fasting all the way, it aint easy and seven months wasn't enough. Could I have done more? Maybe. But the thing is if you are say half-way through your weight loss it is still gonna feel amazing, you will feel amazing, because you already know you are on track. By that time you will need to invest in new clothes, guaranteed. So I wouldn't be too hard on myself, to lose that kind of weight requires patience, it is not a sprint but a marathon.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Great responses so far, especially Ann's.

I expect losing 70 pounds in 7 months is a different story if say you were starting from 140 pounds overweight, but you're not.

Good luck! And please just use pounds in the future. It saves everyone else having to work out the actual numbers[\b].

Those of us who use ‘Stones & Pounds’ or even ‘Kilograms’ are just as entitled to use those when we’re posting here as those who just use ‘Pounds’. 🙄

I have to convert in my head, often, as do many others - today it was your turn! 🤷‍♀️

Not a big deal converting. You learn to convert pretty quickly I’ve found. We all have to do it if we want to know.

OP, it can be done, but usually for people that are severely overweight. As far as healthily, for most, probably not. I was severely overweight and lost 140 pounds in 11 months, under a doctors supervision.

Do the best you can. If you stick to your plan, you can lose quite a bit by then. Best of luck!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    freda78 wrote: »
    Good luck! And please just use pounds in the future. It saves everyone else having to work out the actual numbers.

Who on earth do you think you are demanding that just because it is the system you are the most used to using????

Some people's arrogance never ceases to boggle the mind. :#

Some of "everyone else" have to convert to stone as it is what they are used to and some of "everyone else" have to convert to kg as that is what they are used to. But hey, we cheerfully cope, and we respect that people from all around the world use this forum.
    Arrogance? "Who on earth do I think I am"? This really boggles your mind? Calm down. It was just a simple request, with a "please". No need to be dramatic about it.

As far as I can tell, it's only Britain and Ireland that still uses "stone", and I'm sure everyone there understands pounds too. I don't think anyone can deny that talking about losing X pounds over Y time is easier. Who thinks, "It's viable to lose 1% per week, and 1% of 17 stone is 0.17 stone which is...??"

I'm from Britain too actually, and I stopped using "stone" years ago. Going from X stone Y pounds to V stone W pounds is how much? I can do it in my head, but it's still an inconvenience.

By all means, continue as you were. Nobody is saying you can't. Again, there was a "please".