Not meeting MyFitnessPal's recommendations

Options
I spend all my time working toward the calories goals and that's good, but I'm coming in WAY UNDER on carbs and WAY OVER on fiber...is this bad? Fat and sugar intakes some days are too much, some days just about right, some days under--basically all over the place, and (I think) cancel out. But for carbs and fiber the pattern is always the same. Am I screwing up my body by doing this?

Thanks!

Replies

• Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This site suggests way too much for carbs. Eat more protein instead. Fiber is fine to go over.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Fibre is a good thing to get a lot of. Also, a lot of people swear by the benefits of eating less carbs. I don't think you need to worry about it. Depending on how low your carbs are to start, you might consider yourself a low-carb dieter too. Keep in mind that fibre subtracts from your carbs to create a net that your body actually absorbs as well.

I can't see your food journal, but so long as you're getting in close to your calorie goal and have enough energy, I say keep it up :)
  • messa5
    Options
    I honestly don't pay too much attention to the # of carbs/protein- I mean I try to get more protein, because I know I need it- But the total calories -vs- amt of exercise has made the most long-term difference in my weight loss. 28 lbs and counting...
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom

Fix the percentrage to match what you WANT.
    Mine are 45% protein, 25% carb, 30% fat.

The default MFP settings are completely backwards in my opinion.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have only looked at calories since starting here and so far that's worked.
  • Honu_Girl
    Honu_Girl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom

Fix the percentrage to match what you WANT.
    Mine are 45% protein, 25% carb, 30% fat.

The default MFP settings are completely backwards in my opinion.

Thank you for this!!!
  • marky54
    marky54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have only looked at calories since starting here and so far that's worked.

I do the same
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over on fiber unless you start having some stomach issues. If your energy level is good you shouldn't have to worry about the carbs either, as long as you have whole grains, fruit, and veggies in your diet you're fine. :)