What I eat in a day on 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    Very short female here (5’0). I am mostly sedentary aside from the little but of exercise I’ve been trying to get daily. I shoot to stay under 1200/day. I am super monotonous so I tend to eat the same things day after day as long as they taste good to me I can eat them for weeks on end🤷🏼‍♀️
    For bfast my fav lately: 1-2 yellow potatoes (depending on size) split in half and crisped in the air fryer and 1-2 over easy eggs on top of the potatoes, maybe a small side of fruit.
    Lunch: easy chicken salad (canned chicken breast, light miracle whip, mustard, and dill relish eaten with celery stalks, carrots and Olive Garden Italian dressing, and some hot pickled okra on the side
    Dinner: salmon or chicken with veggies and possibly a carby side depending on cals left over
    Dessert: frozen dark sweet cherries! Yum!

I am very satisfied with this meal plan right now. If I start to feel hungrier I can add in more food, but generally it helps me to eat large portions of very low calorie food likes fruits and veggies to bulk out my meals and snacks.

Sounds great! I love roasted potatoes. Never thought of them with eggs for breakfast, but it sounds good!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    pan seared brussel sprouts
    Just discovered these this summer - when I was staying at 1200 or a bit lower most days. Wow. Something about them!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Thanks for sharing your opinions on the OPs goal, she can re-evaluate if she feels necessary. Until then, please refocus on the original intent of the thread: what are some foods you can fit into a 1200 calorie goal?

Thanks for your cooperation,
    4legs
    MFP volunteer moderator
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is grilled veggie kabobs for dinner. mushrooms, bell peppers, garlic, onions, and zucchini, rub with olive oil and salt and pepper and cook on the grill or in the oven.
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like an English muffin, toasted with one egg for breakfast. I beat the egg in a little bowl and microwave it 37 seconds. I have a bowl that is just the right size so the egg comes out the size of the English muffin. Breakfast for under 200 calories. Beans for lunch. I’m not crazy about canned beans, but I cook a batch from dried beans and eat on it for days. Low cal and filling. That usually means I can eat what the family is having for dinner with sensible portions and come in at goal. Also sugar free fudgcicles are on 40 calories for an evening snack.