Pet peeves?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    People that constantly fail at losing weight making "friends" with others that do the exact same thing, looking for those that they can commiserate with when they fail again. If someone is constantly on and off the wagon, don't friend them. They will sabotage your success.

You must be between the ages of thus and so and weigh X amount of pounds after you've taken your shower. Don't judge 'me', don't tell me what to do. You must inspire me and motivate me. You must do everything you can for me because taking the bull by the horns is just too exhausting. I want to lay back in the weeds and wait for the weight to fall off. I want to drop it like it's hot while I continue to fly by the seat of my pants.

I'm not going out like that. Take full responsibility for yourself.

Remember: You're too darned smart to be the ONLY thing standing in your way. Thanks for letting me weigh in on this.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    A piece of art or mirror that is off center - even just by a tiny, tiny amount lol! (which I fix immediately! lol)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    People who don’t get up to freeway speed to merge onto the freeway.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Long convoluted explanations of why someone thinks they are right.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    When people build arguments on presuppositions that I don't believe, then fail to argue for their presupposition. It is not a logical argument if your starting point isn't believed by all parties.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    When people say "COULD OF" or " SHOULD OF" .....it's COULD HAVE! or SHOULD HAVE!
  • kbaby2020
    kbaby2020 Posts: 63 Member
    When girls think that in order to be in shape and beautiful they can’t have any fat on their bodies... ESPECIALLY right after having a baby 🙄 sister in law hated that she had some stomach fat after her baby and I’m like “girl. It’s normal. You just had a baby.”
  • kbaby2020
    kbaby2020 Posts: 63 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Being told how to do something by someone who doesn't have anymore of a clue than I do.
    Someone reading me an article that I have absolutely zero interest in. But if I try and share something with them I get 'I don't care'.
    People who don't wash their hands. Seriously. Dh used the bathroom the other day, came right out and touched my face. I flipped out on him.
    Making anything right on the kitchen counter without washing the counter before or after.
    Leaving dishes in the sink, caked on with leftover @rap and not throwing a bit of water at it. Same with anything in a cup, makes them all that much harder to wash.
    People who make jokes at the expense of others without a clue if it hurts their feelings or not.
    People not masking up and not staying away from me.

Ooh, I'm just getting started. :)

Relate to the first one.
    I had a major surgery in 2019 and even though my mom and grandma were/are nurses, they have NO idea what I went through or how recovery was, yet they still told me what I should or shouldn’t be doing. None of that “listen to your body crap” it was instead “listen to me because I know better than you” 🙄

• breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    When people say "COULD OF" or " SHOULD OF" .....it's COULD HAVE! or SHOULD HAVE!

Should've or Could've could sound pretty close to this.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Drivers who stop at roundabouts on the highway even when it's clear to enter the circle. They treat it like the 4 way Stop that it replaced, and sometimes act as if they need an engraved invitation to enter the circle. The Highway dept. has been putting in roundabouts on the highways around here for at least a decade, in order to get a better flow to the traffic but that only works when people know what to do.

Also, when my spouse decides something I specifically cooked and packaged into convenient serving size is the ideal snack (most often seasoned ground meat for my taco salad).
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    There's this particular brand of frozen pizza that we occasionally get, and the serving size is listed as "1/3 pizza". But the pizza is divided into 8 slices, and 8 isn't an even multiple of 3.

Truth 💯
  • mloreman
    mloreman Posts: 11 Member
    My some of my current peeves:

Perfectly able bodied people who don’t put shopping carts away in designated areas.

People who use certain words that we rarely used to hear, just because they are popular right now. Like “Normalize” or “Toxic”.

When I’m in the middle of a phone call and someone starts talking to me at the same time. Oh I want to strangle people that do that 😤

YES!!! "unprecedented" is one that is currently making me crazy! Sorry, I was reading through this old threat :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    breefoshee wrote: »

Exactly.

Where I’m from there no such thing as a single syllable word.

One time I called a company to tell
    them they’d sent me a check for $100k by accident. Because I started my conversation with “y’all”, the northern gal on the other end acted like I was a brainless wonder. I came this close to keeping the damn check.

So my pet peeve is judging people on how they speak. The media is notorious for this.

Regional accents are a lovely and unique thing, and it’s a shame they’re being lost.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    breefoshee wrote: »

Correct!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    edited January 2021
    Fitness peeves:
    *People who walk on my mat
    *People who make orgasmic noises during yoga
    * People who wear their shoes into the studio room
    *People who are habitually late, resulting in delayed starts and shorter classes for the rest of us
    * ETA People who show up at a new studio exactly at the start of class and have to fill out ten minutes of paperwork. See above.

* Larry and Lenny cookies that are really two servings per cookie for 380 calories. Who the *kitten* eats half a cookie?