Starting again for the 50th time!

Hey guys. Hope you’re all doing well. I’m not quite sure how to use this but we’ll see how it goes!

So I have been trying endless amounts of time to lose weight but I keep giving up. So this time I’m going to try stick to it. This blog is for those who wanna share their progress and just be a support system to each other! To praise our achievements. And to motivate each other to keep going. And to even share tips of what helps you.

We’re in this together! Today was day 1, I worked out for the first time in a while. Felt very nauseous. And then kinda slipped up by eating half a chocolate bar and half a donut. But gotta get back on track!

I think that’s defo one thing I know that throws me off. Eating junk food and then thinking all the progress has gone down the drain.

Let me know what your goals are and let’s do this together! Keep me updated ☺️👋🏼

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Hey guys. Hope you’re all doing well. I’m not quite sure how to use this but we’ll see how it goes!

So I have been trying endless amounts of time to lose weight but I keep giving up. So this time I’m going to try stick to it. This blog is for those who wanna share their progress and just be a support system to each other! To praise our achievements. And to motivate each other to keep going. And to even share tips of what helps you.

We’re in this together! Today was day 1, I worked out for the first time in a while. Felt very nauseous. And then kinda slipped up by eating half a chocolate bar and half a donut. But gotta get back on track!

I think that’s defo one thing I know that throws me off. Eating junk food and then thinking all the progress has gone down the drain.

Let me know what your goals are and let’s do this together! Keep me updated ☺️👋🏼

i lost 130 pounds and ate junk food.

working on losing 50 now and I still eat junk food and still lose weight consistently.

there are no good foods and bad foods. Just foods. Some are more nutritious, and some are more fun. Balance and learning how to fit the fun in your calories, while still meeting your goals, will help you stay on track.
  • Itaintsafa
    Itaintsafa Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2021
    First of all congrats on losing that much weight! How did you go about doing it? Did you track how many calories you’re taking in? Did you have to cut down on foods despite eating them? ie junk food. Would love to know tbh. Also how did you go about your exercise?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    First of all congrats on losing that much weight! How did you go about doing it? Did you track how many calories you’re taking in? Did you have to cut down on foods despite eating them? ie junk food. Would love to know tbh. Also how did you go about your exercise?

i counted every calorie that went in my mouth. learn how to weigh your food on a scale and find a correct database entry. i eat normal foods. I'll send you a friend request and my diary is open. I make what I want fit, or try to get in longer workouts, or cut back on a calories on a surrounding day to make things fit. My birthday is Thursday. I will be WELL OVER my calories. its okay. its one day. I am making a chocolate dulche de leche cake for my birthday. going out to lunch with a friend. its okay to celebrate. its not okay to turn that food frenzy into every day ;)

I work out 3-5 times a week. anywhere from half an hour to an hour or more. just depends on my energy at that time, or what else I have to do. been trying to do a bit over an hour this week to help mitigate my birthday. LOL

yes, the volume of food I eat is much less. I typically eat between 1300-1500 calories a day. but, I'm an old(er), short woman. taller people and males get more. life is just not fair LOLOLOL my husband is 5'8 and 140 pounds and eats like a horse. anything he wants at all. didn't even gain weight when he stopped drinking! cant gain weight to save his life. yes I scowl at him all the time LMAO
  • Charbos03
    Charbos03 Posts: 7 Member
    Boy do I understand starting over and over again. It's practically my life story at this point. I am in a better mindset now and plan to stick with it. Welcome to MFP.
  • just4julie
    just4julie Posts: 1 Member
    All though I am 10 lbs less than last year. I still have 30 lbs to get off.
    I have diabetes type 2. I want to get my gloucose levels in a reasonable level. So I will work with fitness pal to succed in getting my weight to a healthy level.
  • Itaintsafa
    [

i counted every calorie that went in my mouth. learn how to weigh your food on a scale and find a correct database entry. i eat normal foods. I'll send you a friend request and my diary is open. I make what I want fit, or try to get in longer workouts, or cut back on a calories on a surrounding day to make things fit. My birthday is Thursday. I will be WELL OVER my calories. its okay. its one day. I am making a chocolate dulche de leche cake for my birthday. going out to lunch with a friend. its okay to celebrate. its not okay to turn that food frenzy into every day ;)

I work out 3-5 times a week. anywhere from half an hour to an hour or more. just depends on my energy at that time, or what else I have to do. been trying to do a bit over an hour this week to help mitigate my birthday. LOL

yes, the volume of food I eat is much less. I typically eat between 1300-1500 calories a day. but, I'm an old(er), short woman. taller people and males get more. life is just not fair LOLOLOL my husband is 5'8 and 140 pounds and eats like a horse. anything he wants at all. didn't even gain weight when he stopped drinking! cant gain weight to save his life. yes I scowl at him all the time LMAO

Ahh man! Definitely. Go all out on your birthday! It’s not everyday that day comes haha. Hopefully I remember on Thursday to actually wish you. And yep that’s definitely something I’m trying to learn, how to not turn a food frenzy day into many days.. but I will accept your request. It’ll be nice to see!

AND HONESTLY GIRL, I am 5ft myself. I ENVY taller people and guys who are able to consume more and how it kinda just balances out 😂 happy to know you share the same pain. Really nice to meet you! Keep me updated with your journey!
  • Itaintsafa
    Charbos03 wrote: »
    Boy do I understand starting over and over again. It's practically my life story at this point. I am in a better mindset now and plan to stick with it. Welcome to MFP.

It’s honestly such a mental struggle. But thank you! And hopefully we can stick through it this time and keep each-other updated! YOU GOT THIS GIRL
  • Itaintsafa
    just4julie wrote: »
    All though I am 10 lbs less than last year. I still have 30 lbs to get off.
    I have diabetes type 2. I want to get my gloucose levels in a reasonable level. So I will work with fitness pal to succed in getting my weight to a healthy level.

Well firstly, congrats for losing those 10 pounds. Losing weight is not easy! Thanks for sharing that with us. I pray you reach your goal! WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER 💙
  • Itaintsafa
    A reminder to celebrate your progress! Whether it’s because you drank a lot of water today. Or if you did some exercise. Whether you went on a walk. Even if it’s just waking up when you really wanted to stay in bed all day. I think sometimes we forget all the little things we do. So yeah take some time out to do that! <3
  • mloreman
    mloreman Posts: 11 Member
    I had to respond because, SAME! Hopefully this week is the start of a success story and not another "start."
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Same! It seems like everytime I get in the groove of eating better and working out something always happens and throws me off. Would love some friends who understand the struggle.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    I eat the same way as @callsitlikeiseeit If it fits then I eat it. Sometimes its a bowl of Brownie Decadent Ice Cream and sometimes its a vegetable. My diary is open to friends and you can see that we eat a lot of easy convenience meals. I didn't want to change how my family ate because I was fat.

I am tall but that doesn't mean I get any more calories than you guys. I was on a strict 1200 for almost a year. I lowered my weight loss to .5 lbs a week in January because I am only 20lbs from my goal so I got a little more calories (1550). I am open to answering any questions or chatting. Shoot me a friend request.
  • tiffaniedemayo
    tiffaniedemayo Posts: 38 Member
    Same! I've hit my goal weight three times, each time I do, I stop MFP. I don't have a problem changing how/when I eat, I have a problem with portion size, and night time snacking. I started MFP again on January 1st, at 170 pounds. The only thing I'm doing different this time; counted every calorie, and not skipping a day because I eat over my caloric intake.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sigh. Me too. I was doing really well 4 years ago. Life beat me down again and I gave up. I have finally got life back on a better track so now I have to start over again. I think I learned from it though. So maybe this time will be different.