Team Jungle Jewels (Tribal Sept) - Week 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• DavyRockhit
    Options
    Difficult week back at work and testing for a new job, while DD wants to pledge for a Sor and sends me to Parent Orientation..
    it was fun but very draining this whole week.

I decided I like exercising on summer vacation instead, when I have all the time in the world to exercise and enjoy it, instead of relying on the last few bits of strength and energy I have for the day.. *grunting and groaning*

Stats

Pygmy Tribal Week 2/Day 5
    72oz H2O under Cals
    1 minute bear walk 1 min
    100 Jumping Jacks 3.5 min
    50 Crunches 1 min
    25 Split Squats 3.5 min
    1.5 mile walk 40 min
    .5 mile walk more 10 min
    20 pushups 1 min

I dont know what DD or Sor is, but I am sorry you had a draining week. I hope you keep with it and stay encouraged. I have had a different opinion of what this week would look like too but I am trudging along... we shall get out of this trench together? I am up for it if you are! :flowerforyou:
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Everybody is doing GREAT!! You're going to be surprised that, although it seems almost overwhelming sometimes, you're going to come out so much stronger by the end of the month!! I'm so proud that we're all really doing so good individually AND as a team!!

My day...I kicked butt today (and it kicked me back!! ha!)

Did my usual Turbo Jam workout
    Did tabata
    Did all challenge exercises
    Did my 5K

WAY under cals....I tried to make up for a little bit with a couple of margaritas to celebrate the football team win!! haha!!
    Over on Water!!

Keep it up ladies....we're kickin' booty!!!
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 2/ Day 5

4 min tabata,
    5 minute bearwalk,
    100 Toe Touches,
    100 Crunches,
    100 Jumping Jacks,
    50 Burpees
    40 Windshield Wipers,
    100 Split Squats

reg workout-done
    water - 18 glasses
    cals - under
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TERAM JEWELS!

Wow!! What a fabulous day yesterday! Congrats Ladies you are rockin' this challenge :drinker: You are AWESOME!

Can you believe that we are nearly half way through the challenge? Doesn't time fly when you're having fun :tongue: If you haven't already looked, Week 3's challenges are on Gary's website and in our Week 3 forum. We are moving up another gear, but you are so ready for this!

So, today challenges are -

PYGMY TRIBE - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    AND
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

OR

BUSHMEN TRIBE (Advanced) - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    AND
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge - Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant).

Tommorrow is a rest day – Jewels you have SO earned it!! Please remember that it is also WEIGH-IN day - you've allworked so hard, let's see the results!! The teams gets one point for each pound lost :wink:

Jill and I are SO proud of each and every one of you – you really are JEWELS!!

Have a great day ladies

HUGS
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm w/ ya Monica about summer vacation exercising vs trying to fit it in once work starts.. I was on vacation the week that this challenge started, and now being back to work makes me also feel drained when it comes time to exercise. And now, Humana has basically given us Mandatory Overtime.. luckily they've opened that up for us to be able to also work on Sundays, so since that's our "free" day for the challenge, I think I'm gonna make those days my "OT pump" days. LOL Then I won't have the anxiety throughout the week of trying to do OT and exercise, AND find time to spend w/ the kids and their homework! LOL.. ahh the joys of life I guess! :)

Keep it up ladies, we're all doing so good!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 6

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups - done
    5K -walked
    Under cals
    Water over

Go Team Jungle Jewels :heart:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Week 2/Day 6

The end of second week ate too much at chipotle the portion size is too big and the food is yummy. Well damage was done.

30 wood chops
    30 swimmer presses
    30 lawm movers
    30 21's

walk- 2.5 mph slow walk- 45 minutes

water- done
    under calories - will be done

Dreading to get on the scale tomorrow.
    Will need to increase exercise and be careful with food next week.
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    4 sets swimmers press, 4 sets lawnmower, 4 sets 21s, 4 sets woodchop
    45 min walk

under cals, 8 glasses water

played some wii fit, but not enough to calculate (i figured)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pygmy Tribal Week 2/Day 6
    64+oz H2O and Under Cals
    15 swimmer presses (x2)
    15 wood chops (x2)
    21’s (x2)
    15 lawnmowers (x2)
    Walk 1 mile 55 min
    Swim 30 min

CHEERS JUNGLE JEWELS! to the end of another good week! :drinker:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Options
    Difficult week back at work and testing for a new job, while DD wants to pledge for a Sor and sends me to Parent Orientation..
    it was fun but very draining this whole week.

I decided I like exercising on summer vacation instead, when I have all the time in the world to exercise and enjoy it, instead of relying on the last few bits of strength and energy I have for the day.. *grunting and groaning*

Stats

Pygmy Tribal Week 2/Day 5
    72oz H2O under Cals
    1 minute bear walk 1 min
    100 Jumping Jacks 3.5 min
    50 Crunches 1 min
    25 Split Squats 3.5 min
    1.5 mile walk 40 min
    .5 mile walk more 10 min
    20 pushups 1 min

I dont know what DD or Sor is, but I am sorry you had a draining week. I hope you keep with it and stay encouraged. I have had a different opinion of what this week would look like too but I am trudging along... we shall get out of this trench together? I am up for it if you are! :flowerforyou:

Oh DD is Dear Daughter, and sor is a Sorority... Life is getting busy !

AND HECK YEAH I'M STICKING WITH IT! WE SHALL DO IT AS A TEAM! Trench mates for September ... CHEERS! :drinker:
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 6

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups - done

64 oz. - water - done
    Under Calories - done

The end of a Fabulous Week Jewels!!! WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Under cals
    Water over

How are you all doing this week??? Ready for week 3?
    Its been a week since I got all my crappy news - but its getting better since. We celebrated my moms birthday tonight - it was nice to have everyone there (all my siblings, their spouses, their kids, my parents and grandparents) We dont all get together often (maybe Christmas only)
    My sister has lost some weight to - and had some clothes to get rid of - so my and my one sister in law rooted thru them. I was amazed - I fit into two pairs of size 16 pants!!! They were snug - but they went on and I got them done up!!! I got a few nice shirts too. My sister and both of my sister in laws are all about 5'1 or 5'2 - so being that I fit into the same clothes as my sister in law - and that my sister used to wear made me feel great (im 5'7).
  • trimom63
    Options
    I DO believe we were successful in, yet, another week!! You ALL ROCK!!!!

Going to make this short and sweet...I'm so tired tonight!!
    Food...under
    water...over
    exercises....yes, yes, yes!!!!

Hope everybody has an awesome rest day tomorrow and are ready to kick it for week 3!!!! I KNOW you will!!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 6 -4 min Tabata, 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups modified.
    ALL DONE
    WATER OVER
    CALS under
    EYES heavy!

Good night!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    exercise yes
    food yes
    water yes
    headache yes
    tummyache yes
    motivated for tomorrow anyways yes
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    GOOD MORNING JUNGLE JEWELS

Today is your well deserved REST DAY!!
    PLEASE can you remember to post todays weight in the forum - you have all been amazing this week - SO proud of each and everyone in the team - can't wait to see the results of all our hard work!!
    Relax and kick-back - for it all starts again on Monday!!

Just wanted to share with you - whilst other teams have had vast amounts of members dropping out because of lack of motivation/illness/injusry etc - WE - TEAM JUNGLE JEWELS -

a) still have a full team (despite Suse leaving us)
    b) have completed & succeeded Weeks 1 and 2
    c) have amassed a stunning 63 'extra' points for the team by completing mini challenges/team challenges
    d) are still going strong
    e) still determind to complete the challenge despite whatever life has thrown us
    f) support each other daily

WooHoo!! Do you really need any other proof of how FABULOUS & FANTASTIC you are????????????
    Ladies - you rock :bigsmile:

Have a lovely Sunday :flowerforyou:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Weigh in 132! Slowly but surely!!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    To add to Jules' comments about the challenge and our team.....unless you'd been on a team kinda like ours last month, you have NO IDEA how awesome those stats are!!! You all are SO GREAT!! We had half our team drop off...of the half that was left, only about half were REALLY into the challenge....so frustrations for the half that were actually DOING it were mounting as the month went by. By the end of the month, even *I* was looking more forward to finishing that month and getting on with our new challenge, because I could tell that you all were going to be great! This month, nobody has let ANYbody down on this team - in fact, everyone seems to still be SO "in the game" and there's only two weeks left!! Our team is AWESOME!!!

Thanks to you all for making this painless, fun, and ROCKIN'!!!!! Hugs to you all!!
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My weight today is drum roll....................................268.4!!!! I murdered the 270's!!!!! R.I.P!!!! :-) I'm so excited!!!! Everyone is doing so great!!!! Yay!!! Team Jungle Jewels!!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Options
    Jules, Jill and all our Jungle Jewels,

Thank you for being such a great inspiration and example. I think it's time I step it up and do as you do. Your results are amazing and CONGRATULATIONS!:flowerforyou:

Today I weigh in at 214.6 and I look forward to next week ... as tired as I am.. lol.. Since this is the first time I've exercised in about 25 years. But when I started in June I started by walking, swimming, and bike riding. It's time to LIFT THE SPEAR and hunt down "fatty" because I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE!

Hugs to everyone and a toast to your success! :drinker: