Whining about the snow....again

Options
This sucks, now I have to shovel again, and that means my back will be killing me for another 3 days. Worst part is, I have to work tomorrow as it is our Quarterly server maintenance day! When it rains (err...snows) it pours! At least it's a calorie burner.

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    This sucks, now I have to shovel again, and that means my back will be killing me for another 3 days. Worst part is, I have to work tomorrow as it is our Quarterly server maintenance day! When it rains (err...snows) it pours! At least it's a calorie burner.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty crappy here in CT too. I wanted to get out to the gym but I think my little boy and I are just going to hang out at home today. The news keeps saying that if we don't have to go out then to just say in and be safe.

Shoveling snow IS a really great calorie burner!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am in CT too and I am all done Too cold ad I really need to go out....boohoo

dd
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Can I come visit for a week?!?!?! I have been in TX for 12 years now, and would love to see snow again (but I'll just visit, thanks!!! I don't want to shovel for a whole winter!)

When you move to this climate you dream about seasons!

Best of luck to you and stay warm!

(and I won't mention that I am going joggind this evening, after it cools back in to the low 70's... supposed to reach 79 today)
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Hey while it might be bad there right now and I'm truly sorry....at least you guys have four seasons :tongue:

Hang in there and think warm thoughts :glasses:
  • asmith1225
    Options
    At least you have nice weather to look forward to....I am in GREENLAND and the Sun is just now making mini apperances!!! :tongue:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    mississippi and louisiana never get snow...

but its okay because i live for hot summers.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Can I come visit for a week?!?!?! I have been in TX for 12 years now, and would love to see snow again (but I'll just visit, thanks!!! I don't want to shovel for a whole winter!)

When you move to this climate you dream about seasons!

Best of luck to you and stay warm!

(and I won't mention that I am going joggind this evening, after it cools back in to the low 70's... supposed to reach 79 today)

I hate you right now :wink: . My commute home (your damn right I'm leaving early today, pardon my french) is gonna be a nightmare.
    Come visit all you want, but one caviat is that if you sleep in my house, you must shovel (I just wish my wife followed that tennant:noway: ) Just kiddin hon.
  • thebadbear
    Options
    We are having a chinook right now, here in Calgary!
    So my shovelling duties are put on hold till the next big dump!!
    Yes it does suck tho, but you gotta do it and its a great calorie burner - and I wouldn't give up my four seasons for anything! YAY snow! lol
  • dakoda
    dakoda Posts: 38
    Options
    Another day in New England! Just when all the other snow has almost melted.

But the end is near, spring is about a month away :flowerforyou:

Happy shoveling for now!! :wink:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm sowwy. It's really nice here in Florida. About 70 something degrees. It's the warm temps to rain to cold temps to warm temps again that is keeping most of us sick. I'll trade ya. Altho, I have to say that it's absolutely gorgeous outside! Hope everything goes okay.... :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    It snowed in PA again also. But, it is beautiful and the kids are home cause of a snow cancellation. I'm glad to have a three day weekend with them. We plan to all go for a walk later and enjoy the view. Gotta bundle up tho', it's only 28 degrees.:smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It seems like this area (New England), always get's hit when Spring is approaching!! LOL I always tell everyone to never assume the worst is over..that Feb/March can be the worst weather months.

My husband works in NYC and they got the go ahead to leave around 1:30 to head home. (Phew!) Poor train commuting people get taken advantage of because offices all assume they can get in and out easy enough but the 5 minute drive from the train to home can be a mess too!!
  • its time for change
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have to shovel snow. I think its beautiful and I like to watch the kids play in like 1 inch of snow, and I might even like to shovel ONE time, lol. :wink:
    Ice, I hate ice. I always slip on ice. :grumble:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This is why I live in S. Texas. I can not do cold weather. I don't function if my feet are cold. Here in the office they have the air conditioner on and I have my door closed with my little heater on and it's almost 80 degrees outside. I would never survive where you are. So I guess I can sympathize with you. Sort of.:cry:
    Memaw
  • Kirsty
    Kirsty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    no snow in hampshire england this winter,my four year old misses it to.
  • banks1850
    Options
    at least it's cold today, that means the snow will be light. It sucks when it's 31 and snowing because it gets all slushy and nasty and REAAAAALY heavy to shovel. And for all you southerners that don't see snow, it's not like the movies. Snow is fun for about the first 10 minutes. then you fall, or your feet freeze, or the plows turn it into a brown slushy disgusting mess, then you realize there is a parking ban on and it's 3 am and if you don't move your car they tow it and don't tell you, then there is an accident on the highway and nobody can get anywhere...etc. Need I say more?
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    I gotta tell you... I know the feeling. We just got a 13'' downfall two days ago. I am still sore. My town also had a record low temperature 2 nights ago.

But, that's what I get for living in WI!