Help with logging meals not on list please πŸ™

ShivT71
ShivT71 Posts: 1 Member
Hello - I'm new to MFP and calorie counting. Can anyone tell me how to create a meal type without listing the weight of each component each time? I can't find how to do it. Eg, if b'fast is 40g Oats, 20g Blueberries, 100ml milk do I have to list each component? Similary with a veg stirfry. If it's not out of a packet and there's no barcode is there a way to do it without logging each ingredient
every time? Many thanks! :smile:

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2021
    You can create a meal in your food diary. Then you can just choose that meal each time, rather than adding each individual item.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited January 2021
    If you're making the same portion sizes again and again for example with your Breakfast example use the recipe builder. If you change the sizes of the portions regularly you can save it as a Meal from the diary after you've logged it (may differ on iOs but on android you just tap on the 3 dots at the bottom of the meal and choose Save Meal).

If you're using items that were not out of a packet, for example from a farmers market, homegrown or butchers search for a USDA entry or common Supermarket brand with grams for example "Kale USDA" or "Kale Aldi" just maybe vet the entries against the USDA database when you use them the first time. Again if it's something you're regularly using you can save as either a recipe or meal for quicker logging next time.

g49cqof61i7z.png
    https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/168421/nutrients
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    If the app you can also copy over entries from the previous day with a simple swipe.